Position overview Position title: Assistant Professor
Salary range: The posted UC academic salary scales set the minimum pay determined by rank and step at appointment. See the following table(s) for the current salary scale(s) for this position: (https://www.ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/_files/2023-24/oct-2023-acad-salary-scales/t1.pdf). The current base salary range for this position is
$74,600 -$97,200.”Off-scale salaries” and other components of pay, which would yield compensation that is higher than the published system-wide salary at the designated rank and step, are offered when necessary to meet competitive conditions.
Anticipated start: July 1, 2024
Open date: September 7, 2023
Next review date: Wednesday, Nov 1, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Wednesday, Nov 1, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
University of California, Berkeley
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology (MCB), Division of Genetics, Genomics, Evolution, and Development (GGED)
The Genetics, Genomics, and Development (GGD) Division of the Department of Molecular and Cell Biology (MCB) at the University of California, Berkeley is soliciting applications for a faculty position at the level of Assistant Professor (tenure track). The expected start date is July 1, 2024.
We broadly seek applicants studying fundamental aspects of genetics, genomics, evolution, and/or developmental biology. This position would have the opportunity (if desired) to interact with the Innovative Genomics Institute, the Advanced BioImaging Center, and the Developmental and Regenerative Biology group, and the Center for Computational Biology at the University of California, Berkeley.
Candidates should demonstrate excellence, originality and productivity in research, an interest in undergraduate and graduate teaching and mentoring, and a commitment to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The Department of Molecular and Cell Biology is committed to addressing the family needs of faculty, including dual career couples and single parents. We are also interested in candidates who have had non-traditional career paths or who have taken time off for family reasons, or who have achieved excellence in careers outside academia. For information about potential relocation to Berkeley, or career needs of accompanying partners and spouses, please visit: http://ofew.berkeley.edu/new-faculty
Candidates should demonstrate excellence, originality and productivity in research, an interest in undergraduate and graduate teaching and mentoring, and a commitment to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values at UC Berkeley and in MCB. Our excellence requires faculty who share our commitment to these values. Successful candidates for our faculty positions will demonstrate evidence of a commitment to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion.
The University of California is committed to creating and maintaining a community dedicated to the advancement, application, and transmission of knowledge and creative endeavors through academic excellence, where all individuals who participate in University programs and activities can work and learn together in a safe and secure environment, free of violence, harassment, discrimination, exploitation, or intimidation. Consistent with this commitment, UC Berkeley requires all applicants for Senate faculty positions to complete, sign, and upload an Authorization to Release of Information form into AP Recruit as part of their application. If an applicant does not include the signed authorization, the application will be considered incomplete, and as with any incomplete application, will not receive further consideration. Although all applicants for faculty recruitments must complete the entire application, applicants will only be subject to reference checks if and when they are selected as the candidate to whom the hiring unit would like to extend a formal offer. More information is available on this website.
Basic qualifications (required at time of application)
A Ph.D. and/or M.D. or equivalent international degree at the time of application.
A Ph.D. and/or M.D. or equivalent international degree in Biology or a related field by the start date.
- Cover Letter (Optional)
- Curriculum Vitae – Your most recently updated C.V.
- Summary of major research accomplishments – Provide a summary of your major research accomplishments in approximately 250 words.
- Summary of ongoing and planned research program – Summary of your ongoing and planned research program (approximately 1,500 words with intermixed figures). This should begin with a title for your research program and should include a list of essential publication citations.
- Publications list – Complete list of all of your publications
- Significant publication #1 – In addition to your publication, provide a statement that begins with the manuscript title and author list and then summarizes, in approximately 300 words, the significance of the selected publication.
- Significant publication #2 – In addition to your publication, provide a statement that begins with the manuscript title and author list and then summarizes, in approximately 300 words, the significance of the selected publication.
- Significant publication #3 – In addition to your publication, provide a statement that begins with the manuscript title and author list and then summarizes, in approximately 300 words, the significance of the selected publication.
- Statement of Teaching – Statement of your teaching interests, philosophy, and future plans as well as any prior teaching and mentoring experience (approximately 500 words).
- Statement on Contributions to Advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – Statement on your contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including information about your understanding of these topics, your record of activities to date, and your specific plans and goals for advancing equity and inclusion if hired at Berkeley (for additional information go to https://ofew.berkeley.edu/recruitment/contributions-diversity).
- Authorization to Release Information Form – A reference check will be completed only if you are selected as the candidate to whom the hiring unit would like to extend a formal offer. Download, complete, sign, and upload the Authorization to Release Information form.
- 3-5 letters of reference required
Apply link: https://aprecruit.berkeley.edu/JPF04110
Help contact: email@example.com
UC Berkeley is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging. The excellence of the institution requires an environment in which the diverse community of faculty, students, and staff are welcome and included. Successful candidates will demonstrate knowledge and skill related to ensuring equity and inclusion in the activities of their academic position (e.g., teaching, research, and service, as applicable).
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct
In searches when letters of reference are required all letters will be treated as confidential per University of California policy and California state law. Please refer potential referees, including when letters are provided via a third party (i.e., dossier service or career center), to the UC Berkeley statement of confidentiality prior to submitting their letter.
As a University employee, you will be required to comply with all applicable University policies and/or collective bargaining agreements, as may be amended from time to time. Federal, state, or local government directives may impose additional requirements.
To apply, visit https://aprecruit.berkeley.edu/JPF04110
|تصنيف الوظيفة||Enseignement et recherche scientifique|