LUT Business School is looking for two junior researchers (doctoral students) in sustainable business with a focus on philosophy and politics to strengthen its sustainable business team. We are looking for curious minds who are interested in studying companies either as (A) ecological phenomena or (B) political actors. You can apply either to one of the positions or to both of them; however, please indicate your initial topic of interest in the motivation letter.
You must have a university master’s degree (M.Sc. or equivalent) in a relevant field (e.g., business studies, sustainability, social sciences, or humanities) and the ability and motivation to complete the doctoral studies within their normative duration (i.e., four years). Written and spoken proficiency in English is required.
- be interested in writing a dissertation on research areas such as:
- companies as ecological phenomena (topic A): how business processes situate, relate, interact, and mutate with a multitude of more-than-human ecologies from a phenomenological point of view
- companies as political actors (topic B): companies’ political role in sustainability challenges, companies’ participation in societal debate, political corporate social responsibility, corporate activism or corporate advocacy
- have basic knowledge of theories of sustainable business, corporate social and environmental responsibility, and qualitative and/or quantitative research methods
- Completion of the doctoral degree within four years
- Participation in research projects
- Assisting in teaching
What we offer
- An opportunity to launch a successful academic career and to become an expert in sustainable business
- A four-year (1+3 years) employment contract for completing the doctoral degree
- An employment contract can be concluded only if the candidate obtains the right to pursue postgraduate studies at LUT University
- The contract will be made initially for one year and can be extended by three years provided that the studies and research have progressed successfully
- Encouraging and supportive supervision by and research collaboration with Professor Pasi Heikkurinen (topic A) and/or Associate Professor Laura Olkkonen (topic B)
The work will start in spring 2024 (negotiable) with a six-month trial period. The job is based in Lappeenranta, Finland. The typical gross annual starting salary for a junior researcher is approximately 31 900 euros (plus a holiday bonus in accordance with the collective agreement).
How to apply
Please submit all the application materials in English:
- Your curriculum vitae
- A copy of your degree certificate; if the original documents are not in English, Finnish or Swedish, each document must be accompanied by an official certified translation into English or Finnish
- A motivation letter: an account of your merits and activities of significance to the vacancy (max. 2 pages)
- A research plan (3–5 pages) outlining your dissertation research in the subject area and reviewing relevant literature and possible research methods and data; consider also demonstrating your proposal’s connection to the research conducted in the sustainable business team
The deadline for applications is 15 January 2024, at midnight Finnish local time (UTC +2h). Please submit your application together with the required attachments through the university’s online application system.
Read more: LUT Doctoral School
LUT University | Clean energy, water and air are life-giving resources for which we at LUT University seek new solutions with our expertise in technology, business and social sciences. We help society and businesses in their sustainable renewal. Our international community consists of nearly 8,000 members. Our campuses are in Lappeenranta and Lahti, Finland. We’re one of the best universities in the world for climate action. lut.fi/en
Technical support for using the recruitment system: firstname.lastname@example.org
|تصنيف الوظيفة||Enseignement et recherche scientifique|