The Faculty of Engineering at the University of Southern Denmark invites applications for a 1 year positions as PostDoc in the area of Power Electronics and their applications. The position is located at the Centre for Industrial Electronics (CIE) in Sønderborg within the. Starting date is November 1st, 2023.
Sønderborg is an international campus with students from more than 60 nationalities. The Faculty of Engineering is represented by the Department of mechanical and electrical engineering (DME). CIE is embedded in a powerhouse in electronics, which includes researchers and developers at universities and industries on both sides of the Danish-German border. CIE is a initiative striving for high quality and great impact of its research, innovation and education. Central to achieving this objective is access to state-of-the-art facilities and close collaborations with industries.
The task portfolio of the PostDoc will be linked to one main project and several smaller projects within CIE.
The aim of the position is to build strong knowledge and competencies within the field of condition monitoring in power electronics especially in the field of machine learning and AI.
- You will conduct research in the field of power electronics. The focus will be on applying machine learning and AI to empower condition monitoring, predictive maintenance, and real-time optimization within power electronics.
- You will participate in planning, execution and documentation of projects with industrial partner.
- You will be involved in the daily supervision of PhD, Master and Bachelor students that perform research on similar topic.
- You will publish and present your work both at international conferences and in scientific journals with high impact.
- You will assist in teaching activities.
Profile and requirements
- You have a PhD degree in Electric Engineering or related fields.
- You have experience in machine learning and AI
- You have published in high-impact conferences and journals in the field of power electronic devices, reliability, and simulation.
- You are a team player and have strong communication skills.
- You are interested in a longer-term commitment in a growing research group and you are willing to work in close cooperation with industry.
- You are fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- A track record in participating in national and/or European research projects is a plus.
The position is limited in time for 1 year.
For information about the Department of Mechanical and Electrical engineering, which encompasses SDU Electrical Engineering please see https://www.sdu.dk/en/om_sdu/institutter_centre/ime-mekanik-elektronik
For specific information on section and centre, please visit www.sdu.dk/ee and www.sdu.dk/cie. You are also welcomed to contact the Head of the CIE, Associate Professor Thomas Ebel (firstname.lastname@example.org, +45 93 50 72 05) for further information.
Please read more and apply at https://www.sdu.dk/en/service/ledige_stillinger/vip