Agent Network Training Manager
• Lieu : Dakar, Sénégal
• Publiée le 30 décembre 2019
• Enseignement & Formation
• Management – Gestion de Projet
Wave Senegal is hiring a Agent Network Training Manager
The problem: In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That’s for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
How we’re solving it: We’re building financial services to work as they should: no account fees, instantly available and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don’t always function, we’re creating financial infrastructure that « just works. » In fall 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments; our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. That’s where you come in…
How you’ll help us achieve it
At Wave, the Agent Network Training Manager role will involve:
Training needs assessments
• Assess the completeness of the Wave agent and operational staff course catalogue relative to the processes and policies in use.
• Conduct agent and operational staff training needs analysis and evaluation of the adequateness of the training offered to achieve the OKRs of the organization.
Training material development
• Design, develop and implement a clear and comprehensive entry level, intermediate and advanced level training curricula.
• Support creation of world-class training and coaching content in consultation with work stream owners
• Create thought leadership in learning and development by researching and socialising leading edge learning solutions and market trends.
Training planning and delivery
• Plan and execute individual training sessions for the team and facilitation of site training activities and events required to meet business needs within authorized budgets
• Keep the training calendar up to date
• Organize quarterly agent and team refresher training forums to address identified training gaps.
• Lead training sessions when needed and train the trainers
• Standard operating procedures updating and training; Summarise a set of Standard Operating Procedures using such tools like promapp or other digital tools across all operational and functional areas.
• Provide logistical support for course development, delivery, evaluation, process measurements, and cost management.
• Evaluate instructor performance and the effectiveness of training programs, providing recommendations for improvement.
• Ensures internal and external training program development and delivery meets company objectives and standards.
• Oversees site level train-the-trainer and mentor training program tracking, evaluation and reporting.
• Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement Standards for the delivery of Smart Meter, E-Learning and
• Key Skills Training are to be maintained by respective managers. The review process for all training delivered by their team to maintain quality.
• Location: You’ll work from our office in Dakar, with occasional travel to field locations.
• You must have work authorization in Senegal.
• This is a permanent position.
• Fluent in English – this role will interact regularly with non-French/non-Wolof speakers.
• Speak both French and Wolof fluently.
• At least 3 years of relevant work experience specifically managing training of an agent network or a large group in Senegal or in West Africa.
You might be a good fit if you
• Possess a university degree.
• Ideally have prior work experience in a learning & development context; teaching and/or training admin experience in a university, corporate, or government setting is a plus.
• Have excellent organisational and execution skills.
• Enjoy learning and be able to grasp a breadth of fields.
• Teach and present effectively.
• Be able to analyse data at a basic level.
• Use Excel proficiently – You’ll need to prepare basic reports and budgets in Excel. Nothing fancy, but you need to know formulas.
• Have excellent interpersonal skills, be able to produce training content and show up to deliver training sessions.
• We have a Country Office in Senegal with about 70 people. We are deeply passionate about our mission of bringing great financial services to the people who need them most.
• We’re backed by world-class investors including Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
If interested, please apply here by submitting a resume as well as a cover letter (in English) describing your interest in Wave and the role. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Closing date: 28 January 2020