IAS-9 – Materials Data Science and Informatics
Area of research:
Scientific / postdoctoral posts
You will support IAS-9`s data science and machine learning activities, working in a multidisciplinary team of enthusiastic data scientists, software developers, and domain scientists. Your responsibilities will be:
- Supervise scientific projects from a variety of scientific and engineering research areas with questions in AI, machine learning, and data mining
- Project-based interaction with data-savvy domain scientists
- Development and implementation of concepts for a “voucher system” for consulting, a system for the mediation and support of scientific tandems and a helpdesk for more general questions and problems in the context of ML & AI
- Completed university degree (master`s degree or equivalent) and, if applicable, doctorate in data science, computer science, mathematics, engineering or equivalent
- Extensive research and practical experience in data analytics, data mining, machine learning, and deep learning (demonstrated by, e.g., the dissertation, publications in peer-reviewed journals, or open source projects)
- Very good practical programming skills (e.g., Python, Java, Julia, R, C/C++) and related libraries as well as solid experience in HPC/GPU environments and open source software development (demonstrated by e.g. the dissertation, publications in peer-reviewed journals or open source projects)
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present complex issues in a didactic way (demonstrated by e.g. teaching experience or supervising student work)
- Very good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Willingness to regular business trips within the Rhine-Ruhr area
We work on the very latest issues that impact our society and are offering you the chance to actively help in shaping the change! We support you in your work with:
- Comprehensive training courses and individual opportunities for personal and professional further development
- Extensive company health management
- Ideal conditions for balancing work and private life, as well as a family-friendly corporate policy
- Flexible work (location) arrangements, e.g. remote work
- Targeted services for international employees, e.g. through our International Advisory Service
- 30 days of annual leave and provision for days off between public holidays and weekends (e.g. between Christmas and New Year)
- Capital-forming benefits and an employee pension scheme
- Flexible working hours in a full-time position (39 hours/week) with the option of slightly reduced working hours
We offer you an exciting and varied role in an international and interdisciplinary working environment. Limited until 14.11.2026, with possible long-term prospects. Salary and social benefits will conform to the provisions of the Collective Agreement for the Public Service (TVöD-Bund), pay group 13, depending on your current qualifications and the precise nature of the tasks assigned to you.
In addition to exciting tasks and a collaborative working atmosphere at Jülich, we have a lot more to offer: go.fzj.de/benefits.
Place of employment: Jülich/Aachen
We particularly welcome applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds (e.g. regardless of age, gender, disabilities, sexual orientation/identity, as well as social, ethnic, and religious background). We strive to offer a diverse and inclusive working environment in which people enjoy equal opportunities and are able to fulfill their potential.
This research center is part of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers. With more than 42,000 employees and an annual budget of over € 5 billion, the Helmholtz Association is Germany’s largest scientific organisation.
- Website for additional job details
|تصنيف الوظيفة||Enseignement et recherche scientifique|