The Department of Sociology invites applications for a full-time tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor in Sociology of Social Movements
The appointed candidate will be expected to teach at all three levels of the curriculum, supervise graduate students, be active in research, publishing, and knowledge dissemination, and contribute to the academic and administrative life of the University.
- Ph. D in Sociology or another discipline in social sciences appropriate to the position;
- Demonstrated ability to provide high quality university teaching;
- In-depth knowledge of the field of sociology of social movements in the Global North and/or Global South, capacity to articulate this with contemporary issues in Quebec society;
- Excellent publication record;
- Adequate knowledge of French (both written and spoken) or strong commitment to acquiring the required proficiency level in accordance with Université de Montréal’s Language Policy;
- An institutional learning support program is offered to all professors willing to learn French or improve their language skills.
How to submit your application
The application file sent to the Department Chair should contain the following documents:
- A cover letter; In accordance with the requirements of the Government of Canada, we ask that you include in your cover letter one of the following statements: “I am a citizen/ permanent resident of Canada.” or “I am not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada.”
- Your curriculum vitæ;
- A sample of a recent publication or research paper;
- A research statement (maximum two pages);
- The application file should also include the names and contact information of two referees, who could be contacted as needed.
Application file and referees contact must be sent by email before January 5, 2024 to:
Marianne Kempeneers, Full professor and Chair
Department of Sociology
Faculty of Arts et Science, UdeM
Phone number : (514) 343-5772
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : https://socio.umontreal.ca/accueil/
We strongly recommend that you complete this self-identification questionnaire. You will find more information about this step in the Diversity and Inclusion section at the end of this document.
Additional information about the position
Reference number: FAS 11-23/ 33
Application deadline: Until January 5 2024 inclusively
Salary: Université de Montréal offers competitive salaries and a full range of benefits
Starting date: As of June 1st, 2024
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Université de Montréal is strongly committed to fostering diversity and inclusion. Through its Equal Access Employment Program (EAEP), UdeM invites applications from women, Indigenous Peoples, visible and ethnic minorities, as well as persons with disabilities. We will –confidentially – adapt our recruitment mechanisms to the specific needs of people with disabilities who request it.
UdeM embraces a broad and inclusive definition of diversity that goes beyond applicable laws, and therefore encourages all qualified individuals to apply, regardless of their characteristics. However, in accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadians and permanent residents.
In order to measure the impact of its equity, diversity and inclusion actions, UdeM is collecting data on applicants identifying themselves with one of the groups targeted by the Equal Employment Opportunity Act, namely women, Indigenous Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities and people with limitations. To this end, we thank you for completing the self-identification questionnaire. The information you provide through this form is strictly confidential and will be shared only with those responsible for the UdeM EAEP. If you wish, you may also indicate that you belong to one of the targeted groups in your cover letter, which will be reviewed by the selection committee and the assembly of peers.
Université de Montréal’s application process allows all members of the Professor’s Assembly to review the application files submitted. If you wish to keep your application confidential until the shortlist is established, please mention it in your application.
|تصنيف الوظيفة||Enseignement et recherche scientifique|