→ Apply before 21/09/2023 (DD/MM/YYYY) 23:59 (Brussels Time)
→ Faculty of Arts and Philosophy
→ Department: LW03 – Geschiedenis
→ Occupancy rate:100%
→ Number of positions: 1
→ Type of employment: Contract of limited duration
→ Term of assignment: 2 years
→ Wage scale: PD1 to PD4 (doctoral degree)
→ Required diploma: PhD
ABOUT GHENT UNIVERSITY
Gent University is a world of its own with more than 8000 eployees, pursuing research, teaching, administration, technical support and social services. With 11 faculties and more than 80 departments, it is one of the biggest and most innovative, future-forward employers of the region. It offers high-quality, research-based training in a great variety of disciplines.
- To conduct research into the aftermath of slavery in the Eastern DRC.
- To conduct oral history interviews in the Eastern Congo
- To request and obtain the necessary permits
- To document and process the interviews as required
- To consult relevant archives, in the Congo, Belgium or where needed
- To process the findings into scientific publications
- You have a PhD in African History or similar, and relevant research experience.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer you a contract of definite duration for the period of two years.
- Your contract will start on 1/10/2023 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined by salary scale PD1 to PD4 (if you hold a doctorate). Click here for more information about our salary scales.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 36 days of holiday leave (on an annual basis for a full-time job) supplemented by annual fixed bridge days, bicycle allowance and eco vouchers. Click here for a complete overview of all the staff benefits (in Dutch).
Apply online through the e-recruitment system before the application deadline (see above). We do not accept late applications or applications that are not submitted through the online system.
Your application must include the following documents:
- In the field ‘CV’: your CV and an overview of your study results (merged into one pdf file)
- In the field ‘Cover letter’: your application letter in pdf format
- In the field ‘Diploma’: a transcript of the required degree (if already in your possession). If you have a foreign diploma in a language other than our national languages (Dutch, French or German) or English, please add a translation in one of the mentioned languages.
Note that the maximum file size for each field is 10 MB.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Felicitas Becker, firstname.lastname@example.org. Important: do NOT send your application by email, but apply online.
|تصنيف الوظيفة||Enseignement et recherche scientifique|