Universidade Lusófona de Humanidades e Tecnologias, established by COFAC – Cooperativa de Formação e Animação Cultural. CRL, calls for applications for 4 (four) Scientific Initiation Scholarships, in the area of Social Sciences, Humanities or Arts under the FCT Research Grant Regulations (RBI) and the Research Grant Holder Statute (EBI). The grants will be funded by the Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology (FCT) under the initiative “Summer with Science 2022” and the work plan will take place in the R&D Unit CICANT – Research Centre in Applied Communication, Culture and New Technologies (5260).
Type and number of grant(s) to be awarded: 4 (four) Scientific Initiation Scholarships, under the reference CICANT/Verão com Ciência-2022
Scientific field(s): Social Sciences, Humanities or Arts
Funding Source: The grants related to the grant components are financed by the Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia (FCT) under the Summer with Science 2022 initiative signed between FCT and the R&D Unit CICANT – Research Centre in Applied Communication, Culture and New Technologies (5260).
Applicants: Research Grants are intended for candidates already enrolled or those who meet the necessary conditions to enroll in a study programme leading to a Bachelor, Master or Doctoral degree.
Eligibility of applicants: The following are eligible to apply to this call: National citizens or citizens of other European Union Member States; Citizens of third countries; Stateless persons; Citizens benefiting from political refugee status.
Candidate Admission Requirements:
- Attend or be able to attend a higher education course leading to a degree; Bachelor’s degree in the field of studies in communication sciences or arts;
- To reside permanently and habitually in Portugal, a requirement applicable both to people with national and non-national citizenship;
- Not to have benefited from a PhD or PhD in companies grant directly funded by FCT, regardless of its duration;
- Proficient knowledge of Portuguese and English
- Particular interest in the study of creative processes, digital communication, human-machine interaction, and/or writing for series (profile 1) or the study of the cultural and creative sector and/or the study of skills (profile 2);
- High knowledge of the portuguese and English languages, both orally and in writing;
- Capacity for teamwork, meeting deadlines and ethical skills.
Unit for hosting research work and scientific guidance:
The work will be carried out at CICANT – Research Centre for Applied Communication, Culture and New Technologies (ref: 5260)/ Universidade Lusófona de Humanidades e Tecnologias, under the scientific supervision of the Project Coordinator, Professor Rita Grácio and the other members of the project team.
Duration of the grant(s):
The duration of the scholarship is 1 month, with no possibility of renewal.
Amount of the monthly maintenance allowance:
The amount of the allowance corresponds to 486,12 €/month, according to the table of values of FCT grants (Table of monthly maintenance allowances of the Research Grants Regulations of FCT I.P.). (Table of monthly maintenance allowances of the FCT I.P. Research Grants Regulations).
Payment is made between the 1st and the 8th of each month, by transfer to the IBAN/NIB of the grant recipient indicated in the contractualization process.
To properly apply please read the full announcement at: https://cicant.ulusofona.pt/careers-opportunities