The Indian government offers scholarships, with full support, to African students through the Indian Council on Cultural Relations (ICCR) . These scholarships are offered for students wishing to continue their studies in Bachelor or Master or for post-doctoral research .
- The economy class air ticket will be provided to the selected candidates
- Accommodation allowances and thesis fees will be paid to the selected candidates.
- The return plane ticket will be given to the selected candidates, once arrived in India.
- Under this scheme, the Council offers 900 scholarships to the following countries:Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon , Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo (Republic of Congo), Ivory Coast, Djibouti, DR Congo (Democratic Republic of Congo), Egypt , Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan , Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia , Zimbabwe.
- Read also: United Nations University master and doctorate scholarships
- The completed and signed application form must be typed (not written by hand) and sent with other mail attachments electronically as a pdf document at the Embassy / High Commission of India in your country.
Six sets of application hard copies as well as 5 photographs should also be handed over to the Embassy / High Commission of India.
- 900 scholarships in India: