A call for one Research Grant (RG) is now open within the scope of the Center for Research and Development in Mathematics and Applications (CIDMA), ref. UIDP/04106/2020, under the following conditions:
A tender is hereby opened for the award of 1 Research Grant (RG) in the scope of the thematic line GEOMETRIX of the Center for Research and Development in Mathematics and Applications (CIDMA), ref. UIDP/04106/2020, under the following conditions:
1. Scientific Area: Mathematics or related areas
The proof of enrolment must be made available until the contract is awarded, and the candidate may attach a declaration of honor to confirm that they meet the requirements for enrolment in a master’s program.
If the qualification has been conferred by a foreign higher education institution it must be recognized by a Portuguese higher education institution, under the terms of the provisions of article 25 of Decree-Law no. 66/2018, of August 16th, which approves the legal regime of recognition of academic degrees and diplomas of Higher Education, attributed by foreign higher education institutions, and of paragraph e) of no. 2 of article 4 of Decree-Law no. 60/2018, of August 3rd, and any formalities established therein must be fulfilled by the date of the hiring act.
4. Eligibility: Applicants are eligible if they comply with paragraph a) of no.1 of article 2, of the Research Fellow Statute as amended by Decree-Law no. 123/2019, of August 28th, as well as nos. 1 and 2 of article 6 and article 9 of the Research Grant Regulations of the Foundation for Science and Technology. The RG awarded to undergraduate or master students enrolled in courses that do not confer academic degree may only be granted to those who do not exceed, upon conclusion of the grant contract in question, including possible renewals, an accumulated period of two years in that type of grant, consecutive or interpolated, under the terms of no.5 of article 6 of the aforementioned Regulations.)
5. Work plan:
Survey of the situation of job opportunities for adults with disabilities, namely for adults with low vision in companies based in Portugal;
Follow up, in the field, one (or more) case(s) typified in the previous item; taking into account the technical and socio-emotional skills necessary for the position held.
Dissemination of the results obtained through the writing of article(s) and/or presentation at specialty conferences, covering the theme referred to in the previous items.
6. Applicable legislation and regulations: Statute of Scientific Research Grant Holder, as amended by Decree-Law no. 123/2019, of August 28th; Regulation no. 950/2019, of November 29th, published in Diário da República, no. 241, Series II, of December 16th (FCT, I.P. Research Grants Regulation); Decree-Law no. 66/2018, of August 16th (Legal regime for recognition of academic degrees and diplomas of higher education awarded by foreign higher education institutions).
7. Workplace: The work will be carried out at the Center for Research and Development in Mathematics and Applications of the University of Aveiro, under the scientific supervision of Professor/Doctor ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
8. Duration of the grant(s): The grant duration will be 7 months, starting in february of 2023, and may be renewed for additional periods of 3 months, up to the maximum limit of approved funding. Under no circumstances shall it exceed the limits defined in nos. 3 and 4 of article 6, of Regulation no. 950/2019, of November 29th, published in Diário da República, no. 241, Series II, of December 16th (Research Grants Regulation of FCT, I.P.).
9. Amount of monthly maintenance allowance: The amount of the grant corresponds to €875,98, according to the table of monthly maintenance allowance amounts set out in Annex I of Regulation no. 950/2019, subject to any updates that may be applicable, under the terms of no. 2 of article 18 of Regulation no. 950/2019, of November 29th, published in Diário da República, no. 241, Series II, of December 16th (Research Grants Regulation of FCT, I.P.). The fellow may also be reimbursed for the amount corresponding to the Voluntary Social Security, in case of adherence to this plan.
10. Selection methods: The selection methods to be used will be the following: curriculum vitae evaluation (50%), experience (20%) and interview (30%). The interview will take place on a date to be defined by the jury and may be in person or digital, with candidates being contacted for this purpose.
11. Composition of the Selection Jury:
Chair: Ana Breda (CIDMA, Department of Mathematics, University of Aveiro);
Permanent juror: Rui Duarte (CIDMA, Department of Mathematics, University of Aveiro);
Permanent juror: Domenico Catalano (CIDMA, Department of Mathematics, University of Aveiro);
Alternate juror: Dirk Hofmann (CIDMA, Department of Mathematics, University of Aveiro);
Applications must be formalized by sending a letter of application accompanied by the following documents: Curriculum Vitae, certificate of qualifications, declaration of honor and other supporting documents deemed relevant. They shall also indicate the e-mail address to which by such indication they accept to be notified for all purposes within this procedure.
13. Form of publication/notification of results: The final results of the evaluation will be published through a list sorted by final mark posted on the University’s website, within 90 working days after the final date of submission of the application, and the successful candidate will be notified by email. For the purposes of prior hearing of interested parties, the deadline of 10 working days is set, as provided for in the Code of Administrative Procedure. At the end of the period for hearing the interested parties, and in the absence of any response from them, the list of candidates will become final. Candidates may lodge a complaint against the final decision within 15 working days, or appeal to the maximum executive body of the funding entity within 30 working days after notification of the final decision, in accordance with the provisions of article 12 of the Research Grants Regulation of the Foundation for Science and Technology.
14. Tender duration: The final ranking list of candidates will be valid until February 28, 2023, for the purpose of constituting a reserve list for selection.
The models of the grant contract and of the final report to be prepared by the grant holder and the supervisor are available at Research fellows – sgrh – Universidade de Aveiro (ua.pt).
More information available at https://cidma.ua.pt/calls