Students applying for admission who wish to transfer credit from a federal or licensed institution in the UAE, or a foreign institution of higher learning based outside the UAE and accredited in its home country must provide evidence, as outlined in the admission procedure, which will allow the Academic Committee to make a determination regarding the transfer.
- The limit for the number of transfer credits which may be accepted for a specific degree program is 25 per cent of total credit hours for MSc and Ph.D. programs.
- Transfers will only be permitted for students who are in good academic standing and who are eligible to return to their current or former institution.
- MBZUAI will accept the transfer of credits only for courses relevant to the degree that provide equivalent learning outcomes and in which the student earned a grade of B (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) or better.
- The grade of the transfer credit course will be recorded as a “TC” on the transcript record. The approved transfer credits will be calculated towards the credit hours but not included in GPA calculation.
- The course transfer credits may not have been used previously in any graduate program to fulfil the requirement of any other graduate degree.
- The course credits must have been completed no more than a maximum of (2) years prior to the student’s acceptance into the program of MBZUAI.
- The MBZUAI Academic Committee will have the ultimate right to accept or reject the transfer requests for any student.
All applications for transfer credit to M.Sc. or Ph.D. programs must be submitted online providing all required documentation.
MBZUAI offers students a choice of graduate programs in a modern and innovative university setting, located in the thriving capital of the UAE. Combining a contemporary education system and robust curriculum with the rich culture and heritage of Abu Dhabi, MBZUAI offers an experience like no other.
All students admitted on a full-time basis are granted the privilege to complete their study with a full scholarship. However, to maintain the scholarships, stipends and other benefits, students are expected to maintain high academic standing, comply with the university code of conduct, and fulfil certain requirements during their study tenure.
The scholarship includes:
- 100% free tuition fee
- Highly competitive monthly stipend
- On-campus student accommodation
- Health insurance and UAE visa sponsorship for non-UAE nationals
Fall 2023 admission cycle
|Applicant type||Applications open||Applications close||Notification of admission decision||Review process|
|International and UAE residents||September 1, 2022||April 30, 2023||May 1, 2023 – for applications received before April 15, 2023 |
May 15, 2023 – for applications received from April 16, 2023 onwards
|Throughout the admission cycle, the Admission Committee will review applications, conduct interviews (as required) and make admission decisions.|
|UAE nationals||September 1, 2022||June 30, 2023||May 1, 2023 – for applications received before April 15, 2023 |
July 15, 2023 – for applications received from April 16, 2023 onwards