The deadline for the 2023-24 Princeton in Africa fellowship application is Weds, October 26th, 2022 at 11:59 PM Eastern. To learn more about PiAf, please join our applicant mailing list here.
- Applicants must be young professionals or graduating seniors at the time of application
- Applicants must be graduates of a U.S. accredited University
- Applicants must have full professional English proficiency. Additionally, French is preferred at some posts
- Applicants must be not more than 35 years of age
- Applicants must have a passport valid through the fellowship date
In addition to all general requirements, Nexus Applicants:
- Nexus Applicants must have citizenship in an African Country and have current residency in an African country (applicants with dual U.S. citizenship will not be considered)
- Nexus Applicants must have an Undergraduate Degree or a Master’s degree (or equivalent), or a Ph.D. from an African University
- Resume or CV (2 pages max)
- Official transcript (All Applicants)
- Proof of university enrollment (Nexus Applicants Only)
- One letter of recommendation (submitted using this form)
- Complete Online Application
- Demonstrated commitment to service
Incomplete Applications will not be accepted. Princeton in Africa cannot confirm the receipt of application materials. We ask that you not call the Princeton in Africa offices. Please send any inquiries to email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: As of 9/17/22 Princeton in Africa will no longer require applicants to pay a $75 non-refundable application fee. If you have already sent payment to Princeton in Africa prior to this day, you will receive a refund.
What else is required?
- If invited, availability for a virtual interview during one of the interview sessions, taking place January 6th-7th and 10th-13th, 2023.
Office Hours [By Appointment Only]
We will start holding virtual office hours Tuesdays and Wednesdays from Tues, Sept 27th to Weds, Oct 19th, 2022. We recommend that applicants email a copy of their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of their appointment. If you have any questions specific to your application, please email email@example.com after consulting our FAQ page.
All office hours are by appointment only. Make an appointment for telephone office hours with PiAf staff here. Please do not call the PiAf Office; a PiAf staff member will contact you for your appointment. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Attend the Webinar Information Session
This year’s information session will be held virtually on Wednesday, September 21st, 2022 at 12 pm Eastern. Please register in advance for the webinar here. A recording of the session will be sent to the full Princeton in Africa applicant mailing list. Please email email@example.com with any questions.
Fellowships are 12 months long. The fellowships will begin between June and August 2023. You must be prepared to make a 12-month commitment when applying to PiAf.
Late August, 2022
Application goes live
September 27 – October 19, 2022
Virtual Office Hours, appointment only
September 21, 2022
Webinar Information Session
October 26, 2022 11:59 PM Eastern
Early December, 2022
Applicants notified about interviews
January 6-7 and 10-13, 2023
All interviews conducted virtually
Ongoing acceptance and placements
June 7 – 10, 2023
June- August, 2023