Are you looking for an excellent opportunity to expand your research experience and to complement your clinical and scientific training?
Apply for one of our two-year CLINICIAN SCIENTIST FELLOWSHIPS at the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ).
The DKFZ in Heidelberg belongs to the leading cancer research centers worldwide and offers exciting opportunities to work in one of over 100 research divisions and groups.
The center commits itself to strengthening the research profile of clinician scientists.
DKFZ CLINICIAN SCIENTIST PROGRAM FELLOWSHIPS
Team up with a strong partner to support your translational research ambitions!
Strengthen your profile through tailored mentoring and training opportunities to gain basic and translational cancer research experience in a world-class scientific setting.
We are seeking highly motivated physicians who are currently conducting specialized medical training and who wish to enhance their careers. The DKFZ Clinician Scientist Fellowships are characterized by protected research time, comprehensive training offers and intersectoral mentoring relationships.
Use this unique opportunity to complement your clinical training and to actively develop your long-term career perspectives as a clinician scientist!
Join us to…
- Join our growing international community of clinician scientists
- Complement your clinical and research training
- Take advantage of protected time for your research
- Receive comprehensive training and tailored mentoring
- Make use of state-of-the-art research facilities and infrastructure
- Extend your network and meet colleagues working in basic and translational research
Submit your complete application materials (in English) as one PDF file via our online application portal.
Deadline: March 15, 2021
The application document should comprise:
- Curriculum vitae (incl. publication list and documentation of your clinical/research experience)
- One-page motivation letter (incl. statement of your research interests)
- Copy of degree certificates (originals, transcripts and translations if applicable)
- Contact details of two references who are familiar with your work
Further information and eligibility criteria: www.dkfz.de/clinicianscientist
During submission of your application you will be asked to indicate your personal preference for the available fellowship tracks. Please, select “DKFZ Clinician Scientist Program Fellowship” (default) unless you have been specifically asked by the respective DKFZ research group to apply for the “DKFZ-PM Toronto Fellowship”.
- Applications need to be submitted in English.
- Candidates are encouraged to contact division heads and group leaders before application to discuss potential projects.