For example, current NYCU scholarship recipients whose award duration includes the 2023 Spring semester, Taiwan Scholarships, ESP Scholarship, UST Scholarship, TIGP Scholarship, NSNT Scholarship, NYCU Elite Ph.D., scholarship sponsored by the government of your home country…. etc.).
- Students holding a working VISA/ARC are not eligible to apply.
- For students whose maximum award duration ends on August 2023, the award duration will be March 2023 – August 2023.
- NYCU Scholarship Regulation (Latest version):
Please read the regulation carefully before applying for the NYCU scholarship.
- NYCU International Student Scholarship Application System Link :
- Application Duration: till 12:00 noon, September 9, 2022 (GMT+8)
We only accept the online application and please upload PDF files to the system.
Make sure to submit your application before the deadline.
Late submission will not be considered!
Please check the system and your mail regularly to confirm your application status.
If you are requested to resubmit any document, the email notice will be sent out from the system.
- Type of Award
|Type of award||Requirement for Academic Performance|
|1. Scholarship for the student award||The average grade of the latest two semesters:
Undergrad. Students: 3.0 (score by grade point)
Grad. Students: 3.7 (score by grade point)
|2. Tuition Reduction (for students exceeding max. award period)||Overall GPA (CGPA 歷年總平均)
Undergrad.: 3.0(score by grade point)
Grad.: 3.7(score by grade point)
|3. Tuition Reduction||New students whose grades are below the minimum grade requirement may apply for tuition reduction for the 2nd semester.|
- Required Documents for Application (Please upload PDF files only)
|Document||Required / Optional||Note|
|Declaration for Scholarship Application||Required for all applicants||An applicant’s signature is required.|
|NYCU full official transcript (Grade one)||Required for all applicants||1. Apply for a full official transcript (Grade, no class ranking)
2. NYCU transcript containing the 2022 Spring semester result is mandatory.
|Conduct Grades||Required for all applicants||Applicants from Chiaotung Campus:
Applicants from Yangming Campus:
Office of Student Affairs->學生活動紀錄表
|Research Report||Required for post-graduate students who are not taking courses or exceeding the max. award period||1-2 page (12pt, single-spaced)
Signatures of the applicant and advisor are required.
|The Chinese language waived certificate||Optional||You can submit one of the following documents:
1. Certificate of Chinese Proficiency Test issued by NYCU Chinese Language Center.
2. Chinese courses waived certificate issued by NYCU Chinese Language Center.
3. TOCFL certificate (Level 2 or higher)
|Supplementary materials||Optional||You can upload the documents which may be helpful for your application.
For example, a volunteer services certificate.
(Template can be downloaded from the system if needed.)
5.1 Recommendation Letter (Submit deadline – 2022/9/9 at 23:59):
Required for post-graduate students who are not taking courses or students who belong to the reduction type.
- Please remember to inform the referee first.
- Fill out the Recommender Info section on the system.
- The notification will be sent to the recommender from the system.
- There are 2 ways to submit the recommendation letter.
The recommender will receive a notification mail from the “International Student Scholarship Application System” for submitting the recommendation letter. The referrer can choose one of the following ways:
- Fill out the letter on the system
- Upload the scanned letter to the system
*You can submit the application before the recommendation letter is completed. *
- Important Notes
- The review result will be announced by email to applicants in late December, 2022.
- OIA will check your documents after your submission.
OIA will send notices to applicants if your application is not completed. You are not able to revise your application after submission. Your application won’t be considered if your application is incomplete.
- Meeting the minimum grade requirement listed in scholarship regulation is one of the requirements to be eligible to apply for the scholarship. However, it doesn’t mean that you are guaranteed to get a scholarship award. All scholarship award allocation is subject to the annual budget condition, the number of applicants and so on. All qualified applications will be reviewed by the committees of departments /colleges/ the university. OIA has no right to change the award.
- Co-funding Policy for Graduate Program Students.
Co-funding from the research advisor, department/institute, or college is compulsory for the post-graduate student scholarship award. This policy applies to the current student award applications in principle.
- The requirement for Chinese Courses for NYCU scholarship recipients
NYCU scholarship applicants and recipients need to take Chinese courses (see scholarship regulation Article 5 Item 2).
Exemption for Chinese courses:
- Students who have taken Chinese language courses before enrolling at NYCU.
Please submit your Chinese Language certificate (TOCFL) or other official documents for exemption.
- The pass certificate of the placement at NCYU Chinese Language Center.
- Some departments may require more Chinese courses for graduation requirements. Please check the graduation requirements carefully for your department.