POLONEZ BIS, coordinated by the Polish National Science Centre under Marie Skłodowska-Curie COFUND, is a postdoctoral Fellowship Programme addressed to excellent experienced researchers interested in developing their professional skills within the best research institutions in Poland.
The POLONEZ BIS programme is open to candidates of any research background, discipline or nationality. The programme plans to recruit 120 scientists with a PhD degree or equivalent research experience, and who have lived or worked outside Poland for at least 2 years within the last three years prior to the call announcement. Selected fellows will be offered 2-year full-time employment contracts to work on projects combining basic research with a cross-sectoral secondment phase.
Applicants are independent in choosing the research topic and discipline as well as the host institution in an academic or non-academic sector. The programme guarantees successful fellows attractive employment conditions – the monthly allowance of € 4,465 gross and an additional research grant up to € 100 000 for the implementation of a 2-year project.
The research component will be complemented by a series of relevant workshops on transferable skills, and an opportunity to engage with intersectoral cooperation with enterprise and non-academic sector during short-term secondments.
Researchers who are experiencing threats to their life, liberty or research career, and those who are forced to flee or have been displaced because of such threats are encouraged to apply.
Electronic proposals is available in the OSF submission system. The deadline for submitting proposals is 15 December 2022 (4:00 p.m. CEST).
There are two major eligibility criteria:
- Research experience: fellowships will be open to experienced researchers, regardless of their age, gender or nationality, who at the date of the call launch hold a PhD degree or have at least 4 years of documented full-time research experience (including doctoral studies experience);
- Mobility requirement: applicants must move from any country to Poland for the duration of their fellowships and must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Poland for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the date of call launch. Time spent as part of procedure for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention, compulsory national service (such as mandatory military service) and/or short stays, such as holidays, are not counted towards the 12-month limit.
- In order to determine your eligibility read the POLONEZ BIS terms and conditions and the Guide for Applicants. Make sure you have the supporting documents necessary to demonstrate your eligibility. If you cannot find an answer to a specific question, send an e-mail to the POLONEZ BIS Coordination Team at email@example.com.
- Identify a suitable fellowship topic.
- Select a host institution which would provide the most appropriate environment for the research project you intend to propose and for your own professional development. Register in the POLONEZ BIS Partner Search Tool,, browse through the published institutional offers or consult EURAXESS Poland website, Research in Poland website or Polish Roadmap for Research Infrastructures.
- Confirm support form a host institution in Poland and your proposed mentor. Do not add a host institution or mentor to your proposal if you did not discuss your fellowship proposal with him/her and if s/he did not explicitly agree to support your application.
- Contact the Research/Project Office of the selected host institution to find out:
- if the host institution will be applying for state aid
- what internal procedures may affect the proposal and project performance (costs planned in the project, procedure for acquiring signature(s) of authorised representative(s) of the institution to confirm submission of the proposal)
- Start working on the proposal – draft the short and detailed project descriptions, and the Career Development Plan.
- Stay in touch with the host institution – work together with the mentor on Host Institution Capacity Form.
- Register in ZSUN/OSF proposal submission tool and start completing the online form. Follow the instructions and comments in the system.
- Make sure that all the required PDF documents are ready and signed.