The National Institute of Art History and Villa Finaly in partnership with the Kunsthistorisches Institut in Florence, open the call for applications for the selection of the Robert Klein 2020 Fellows.
For the third year in a row, the National Institute of Art History, Villa Finaly and the Kunsthistorisches Institut de Florence will award two scholarships for postdoctoral research requiring access to Florentine institutions.
These scholarships are intended for art history researchers, French or foreign, wishing to go to Florence to conduct research in local institutions. Applicants must hold a doctorate or be heritage curators.
The amount of the scholarship, revalued in 2019, amounts to 3000 €. The winners are accommodated at Villa Finaly for a period to be determined (participation of 25 € per day for maintenance costs). The Villa can only receive Fellows between 7 January and 31 March or between 1 November and 15 December.
The selection committee is made up of a representative of INHA, a representative of Villa Finaly, a member from the Universities of Paris (Villa Finaly is the property of the universities of Paris), a representative of the Kunsthistorisches Institut and an external personality chosen jointly and by mutual agreement. The commission meets once a year to select the winners of the following year.
Applications for the 2020 selection must be submitted online on the INHA HERE platform no later than midnight November 30, 2019 . Only applications submitted online on the INHA platform will be taken into account.
The file (in French or in English) must include:
1. An application letter addressed to the Director General of INHA and the Director of Villa Finaly
2. A curriculum vitae
3. A detailed work program (4 pages maximum) in French or English including:
- a general presentation of the research;
- the particular subject requiring the presence of the candidate in Florence;
- the research institutions where the documentation and the archives to consult are;
- a development concerning the valorization of this research through a conference, a seminar, the establishment of a partnership with research institutions on site or elsewhere, will be particularly appreciated.
4. A certificate from a scientific personality supporting the application.
5. The completed information sheet .
Contacts: For more information, contact the secretariat of the Department of Studies and Research of INHA at 01 47 03 85 81 or at the address der-dir @ inha.fr