The Zukunftskolleg Konnect scholarships support early career researchers from Africa, Asia and Latin America linked to one of the thirteen departments of the University of Constance. As a ZUKOnnect Fellow, you can use this time to expand your research networks and discover the research environment at the University of Constance, without losing your links with your home university. As these scholarships can constitute a first bridge to the German and European academic system, we also encourage doctoral students in their final year to apply. The Zukunftskolleg will not offer an employment contract to ZUKOnnect fellows.
After the research stay at the Zukunftskolleg, ZUKOnnect fellows can extend their affiliation to a digital fellowship for an additional 6 months.
- You are from and work in a country in Latin America, Asia or Africa.
- You hold a doctorate (max. 2 years of postdoctoral experience) OR are a doctoral student in the last year.
- You do not hold a permanent chair, nor do you have an Habilitation or equivalent ( Venia legendi ).
- Your research project should be linked to one of the disciplines represented at the University of Constance.
- You must appoint a researcher at the University of Constance with whom you intend to collaborate ( no need to contact people in advance ),
- Preference will be given to applicants who plan to team up with one of our current Zukunftskolleg Fellows.
Please submit your application documents in English via our online application portal . The medjouel.com team informs you that the reference number is 2019/336. Applications must include:
- Motivation letter (including your objectives for the research stay at the Zukunftskolleg, an explanation of how your research fits into the research landscape at the university as well as a precise calendar of your stay)
- Brief description or summary of your current research project (maximum 3 pages)
- Curriculum vitae
- Certificates (doctoral certificate or a letter from your internship director commenting on the progress of your doctoral thesis)
- A letter of recommendation from your home university will strengthen the request.
Questions can be addressed to Daniela Kromrey by e-mail: email@example.com or by phone: (+ 49 (0) 7531/88 – 5686). When the budgetary situation allows, Zukunftskolleg can provide financial support to families who accompany ZUKOnnect scholarship recipients during the scholarship. We are looking forward to receiving your application with the usual documents until 28.02.2020.