The world is changing at an ever-faster pace. At the Johannes Kepler University Linz, we work on technologies and the ideas of tomorrow on a daily basis. At the same time, we educate over 21,000 young people to meet the demands of today’s job market. In short, we are Upper Austria’s largest institution for education and research. Are you interested in being a part of shaping the future of Austria’s most attractive campus university? We currently have an immediate job opening for a:
Graduate Teaching Assistant (must hold a Diploma/Master’s degree) for a full-time, four-year position at the Institute of Pervasive Computing
Job Reference Number: 4075
- Actively take part in interdisciplinary, (inter)national cooperation projects as well as draft and complete research projects
- Teach university-level courses in German and English (tutorials, practical training) and co-supervise Bachelor’s/Master’s degree theses
- Co-author/author scientific articles for international journals and take part in corresponding conferences
- The successful candidate must hold a Diploma/Master’s degree in Computer Science or a comparable degree
- Special interest in at least one of the following areas:
- Cognitive System Design
- Embedded AI
- Machine Learning
- Real Time Systems
- Good knowledge of Java and/or Python
- Strong command of German and English (level B2+)
- High-level of curiosity-driven motivation
What We Offer:
- On the basis of full-time employment (40 hours/week) the minimum salary in accordance with the collective agreement is € 2,929.00 gross per month (14 x per year, CA Job Grade: B1)
- Stable employer
- Attractive campus environment with good public transportation connections
- Attractive continual educational opportunities
- State-of-the-art research infrastructure
- Dynamic research environment
- Broad range of on-campus dining services/healthy meals (organic food at the cafeteria)
- Exercise and sports classes (USI)
- …and much more
Application Deadline: March 6, 2020.
The Johannes Kepler University wishes to increase the proportion of academic female faculty and, for this reason, especially welcomes applications by qualified women. If applicants are equally qualified, a woman will be given preference for this position. The university welcomes applications from qualified applicants with physical disabilities. These applications will be given special consideration.
How to Apply:
Prospective applicants interested in the multifaceted position are requested to electronically send an application in adherence to the stated criteria together with the requested documentation via our online portal jku.at/application or to the Johannes Kepler University Linz, Department of Human Resource Management, Altenberger Straße 69, A-4040 Linz. Please include “Job Reference Number 4075“ in your application.
If you have questions, please contact: Univ. Prof. Mag. Dr. Alois Ferscha, P +43 732 2468 4760, E‑mail: email@example.com.
|Job Category||Enseignement et recherche scientifique|