The world is changing at an ever faster pace. At the Johannes Kepler University Linz, we work on technologies and the ideas of tomorrow on a daily basis. At the same time, we educate over 21,000 young people to meet the demands of today’s job market. In short, we are Upper Austria’s largest institution for education and research. Are you interested in being a part of shaping the future of Austria’s most attractive campus university? We currently have an immediate job opening for a:
University Assistant (must hold a Doctorate/Ph.D. degree) for a full-time,
six-year position at the Institute of Structural Lightweight Design
Job Reference Number: 4023
- The successful candidate will conduct research on:
- Strength and durability analysis of lightweight structures, their numerical optimization and experimental testing
- Integration of mechatronic structural health monitoring systems and development of associated measurement systems and sensors
- Acquire and manage externally funded projects
- Teach university-level classes and supervise Bachelor’s/Master’s/Diploma theses
- Supervise Ph.D. students
- The successful candidate must hold a Doctorate degree in the fields of mechanical engineering, mechatronics, polymer technology, civil engineering, or aerospace engineering
- Expertise and professional experience in one or more of the following subject areas: strength of materials and structures, stability theory, finite element methods, CAD, structural design and lightweight design, composite materials, electrical measurement of mechanical quantities
- Strong command of German and English (both oral and written)
What We Offer:
- On the basis of full-time employment (40 hours/week) the minimum salary in accordance with the collective agreement is € 3,889.50 gross per month (14 x per year, CA Job Grade: B1)
- Stable employer
- Attractive campus environment with good public transportation connections
- Attractive continual educational opportunities
- State-of-the-art research infrastructure
- Dynamic research environment
- Broad range of on-campus dining services/healthy meals (organic food at the cafeteria)
- Exercise and sports classes (USI)
- …and much more
Application Deadline: June 10, 2020.
The Johannes Kepler University wishes to increase the proportion of academic female faculty and, for this reason, especially welcomes applications by qualified women. If applicants are equally qualified, a woman will be given preference for this position. The university welcomes applications from qualified applicants with physical disabilities. These applications will be given special consideration.
How to Apply:
Prospective applicants interested in the multifaceted position are requested to electronically send an application in adherence to the stated criteria together with the requested documentation via our online portal jku.at/application or to the Johannes Kepler University Linz, Department of Human Resource Management, Altenberger Straße 69, A-4040 Linz. Please include “Job Reference Number 4023“ in your application.
If you have questions, please contact: Univ. Prof. DI Dr. Martin Schagerl, P +43 732 2468 6661, E‑mail: email@example.com.
|Job Category||Enseignement et recherche scientifique|