The Department of Biotechnology, Institute of Computational Biology is currently seeking a
Postdoctoral Research Associate
(Reference code: 168)
Extent of employment: 40 hours per week
Duration of employment: 1st of November 2022, limited to 31st of October 2024
Gross monthly salary and pay grade in terms of collective agreement for university staff (payable 14 times per year): B1 lit. b, € 4.061,50
We are a multidisciplinary team focusing on the genomics of crop plants; our labs are located at the BOKU Muthgasse campus well connected to the city centre of Vienna. In the past years, our research efforts included genomes of cultivated and wild beets (e.g. Wascher et al., Nat Commun, 2022) and related species. The group has contributed to the analysis of additional genomes such as common bean, quinoa, and different insect species. We offer a friendly and supporting atmosphere, and state-of-the-art computing infrastructure (see http://seq.boku.ac.at).
The position offers developing options towards and academic career. We are looking forward to expanding our team by a dedicated and strongly motivated person with distinct interest in challenges of bioinformatics in the context of plan genome analysis.
– Scientific research in bioinformatics, genomics and evolution of crop plants and their wild relatives, supporting and extending current research lines of the bioinformatics group
– Teaching activity in English and/or German
Required skills and qualifications
– Doctoral degree/PhD with scientific focus on genome bioinformatics / computational biology or equivalent
– Postdoctoral experience is beneficial
– Experience with the analysis and interpretation of large data sets, in particular high-throughput sequencing data from eukaryotic organisms
– Sold programming/scripting skills (Perl or Python, R, Linux tools, bash scripting)
– Excellent publication record
– German and English language skills
Applications can be submitted until: 13th of October 2022
University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna seeks to increase the number of its female faculty and staff members. Therefore qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. In case of equal qualification, female candidates will be given preference unless reasons specific to an individual male candidate tilt the balance in his favour.
People with disabilities and appropriate qualifications are specifically encouraged to apply.
Please send your job application incl.
– motivation letter
– publication list and scientific experience
– contact details of three referees
as a single PDF-file (max. 5 MB) to Personnel department, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Peter-Jordan-Straße 70, 1190 Vienna; E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. (Reference code: 168)
We regret that we cannot reimburse applicants travel and lodging expenses incurred as part of the selection and hiring process.
|Job Category||Post doc|