Competition No. – A104851621
Closing Date – Sep 30, 2023
This position is a part of the Association of the Academic Staff of the University of Alberta (AASUA).
In accordance with the Trust/Research Academic Staff Agreement this position has an appointment end date of December 31, 2025 and offers a comprehensive benefits package found at Faculty & Staff Benefits and annual salary range of $58,938 – $66,309.
Location – North Campus, Edmonton
The Department of Biological Sciences is one of the largest and most diverse on campus in terms of the research interests of its academic staff. Our department is home to a wide range of research areas, and we offer outstanding core facilities that provide essential services to our researchers. Opportunities for collaborative research projects are excellent.
We are seeking applications for up to two full-time Research Associate positions for initially two years. The primary purpose of these positions is to carry out experimental work in the King-Jones laboratory to investigate the relationships between iron homeostasis and ecdysone biosynthesis in Drosophila. The successful candidate(s) will be conducting experiments that require the latest molecular and genetic techniques, including Cut & Tag,TurboID, Co-IP, EMSA, FLP-FRT, CRISPR-Cas9, etc. Applicants must have extensive experience with Drosophila genetics, CRISPR/Cas9, transgenics, immunoprecipitation, embryoinjections, genomic data analysis and proteomics.
- Research design, methodology determination, analysis, and other activities
- All phases of data collection and analysis
- Preparation of manuscripts for submission to peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Regular communication and collaboration with the Principal Investigator, collaborators at other universities and research institutes
- Ph.D. in a relevant field (e.g., Molecular Biology, Genetics)
- At least 3 years of postdoctoral experience
- At least 3 years of work experience in a Drosophila as a model
- Proven publication track record
- Excellent ability to write research manuscripts in English
- At least one first-authored peer-reviewed publications in the past seven years, but a higher publication record will be viewed favorably
- Extensive experience with Drosophila as a research model is required
- Experience in Cut & Tag, TurboID, and CRISPR/Cas9 or Cas13
- Experience in data-mining of Genomics and Proteomics experiments and traansgenesis
- Application instructions
Please submit a cover letter, CV, List of publications and also describe your prior experience with Drosophila research.
How to Apply
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight MST of the closing date.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
The University of Alberta is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We encourage women; First Nations, Metis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; persons with disabilities; persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression; and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the University to apply.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4520944
|Job Category||Teaching and scientific research|