The Black Creator Accelerator will provide 25 aspiring Black creators with a $10k/month stipend to pursue creative endeavors and get connected with opportunities to launch sustainable, full-fledged careers. In addition, Google Pixel, Westbrook Media, and UNCMMN will work with Snapchat to enrich the educational curriculum and create tailored workshops for participants.
Who is eligible to apply?
To be considered for the program, creators must apply here and meet the following criteria.
- Age 18+
- Self-identify as Black
- Emerging creator
- Someone at the beginning of their content journey who is creating, iterating, and improving over time with little outside guidance.
- Seeking to become a professional creator
- History of abiding by community guidelines (on Snapchat)
- Creates positive content that aligns with Snapchat’s values (empathy, kindness, creativity)
Applications will open at the end of June and close August 12. Selected creators will be notified in September, so please check the email account you applied with.
What’s the selection process?
To establish an equitable selection process, applicants will be evaluated holistically by a cross-functional group of Snapchat team members based on the following criteria.
- Having a unique and consistent voice
- Alignment with Snapchat’s values
- Clear vision for future career goals
What are the key dates?
- June 23: Applications open
- August 12: Applications close
- September: You’ll hear from Snapchat about application status & selection
- September: 523 for Black Creators class announced
523 for Black Creators starts November 2022 and runs for one year.
Supporting Your Success
We’re not doing this alone. 523 for Black Creators is collaborating with dedicated partners who are as excited about the program — and your success — as we are.
Embrace the Opportunity
If you’re as excited about the 523 program as we are, we’d love for you to be a part of it.
|Job Category||Prix et concours|