The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 21 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
ID31 is a beamline dedicated to high energy x-ray reflectivity, diffraction and imaging studies of buried interface structures. The beamline provides a very high X-ray flux at very high photon energies allowing to study of materials and working devices with sub-micron spatial resolution. You will collaborate with a team of scientist in different fields of materials and electrochemistry research and you will develop your own in-house research project. You will give support to the external users of the beamline and participate to the in-house research programs. In particular, you will be involved in research of electrochemical energy and conversion devices and related materials (fuel cells, electrolyzers, batteries).
Further information may be obtained from Jakub Drnec (tel.: +33 (0)4 38 88 19 16, email: email@example.com) and Veijo Honkimäki (tel. +33 (0)4 76 88 27 25, email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- PhD in Materials Science, Chemistry or Physics obtained less than three years ago
- The ambition to develop your own research projects, from proposals up to publications
- Ability to interact with multi-disciplinary staff and facility users, coordinate activities with internal and extrenal colleagues, and to work as part of a team
- Experience with X-ray scattering techniques (WAXS, SAXS, GIWAXS, GISAXS) is useful but not essential
- Experience in electrochemistry is useful but not essential
- Experience with work at a research infrastructure facility and/or in other synchrotron techniques or similar would be a bonus
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
Contract of 18 months, renewable for a further 6 or 18-month period.
Do you recognize yourself in this description? Apply now for your next professional adventure!
What we offer:
- Join an innovative international research institute, with a workforce from 38 different countries
- Collaborate with global experts to advance science and address societal challenges
- Come and live in a vibrant city, in the heart of the Alps, and Europe’s Green Capital 2022
- Enjoy a workplace designed to support your quality of life
- Benefit from our competitive compensation and allowances package, including financial support for your relocation to Grenoble For further information on employment terms and conditions, please refer to https://www.esrf.fr/home/Jobs/what-we-offer.html
The ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from disabled persons.