The IKG is searching for a postdoctoral researcher to strengthen the Cartography group in all aspects of its research and teaching activities. Your duties will include managing existing and acquiring new research projects as well as documenting research outcomes in scientific papers and reports. Furthermore, you will be considerably involved in undergraduate and graduate course teaching and will supervise students on the Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctorate levels. The position is initially limited to two years, with the possibility of extensions.
ETH Zurich is a family-friendly employer with excellent working conditions. You can look forward to an exciting working environment, cultural diversity and attractive offers and benefits.
- You are required to hold a PhD/Doctoral degree in: Cartography, Geomatics, Geoinformation Science, Computer Science, Geography or a related field and has expertise in Cartographic Visualization, Geovisualization, Webmapping and/or Machine Learning. Strong knowledge in at least one programming language and relevant software libraries is essential.
- You should have a proven record of academic publications as well as teaching experience. Knowledge of English is mandatory; knowledge of German is advantageous.
About ETH Zürich
Curious? So are we.
We look forward to receiving your online application with the following documents by September 22th 2022:
- Cover letter with a short description of your motivation and your research interests
- Curriculum Vitae
- complete academic transcript including undergraduate and graduate courses
- copies of diploma/certificates/degrees,
- work samples
- testimonials and contact details of at least two referees
Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through our online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered.
Further information about the Institute of Cartography and Geoinformation can be found on our website: https://ikg.ethz.ch/en/ and https://karto.ethz.ch/. For further information about the position, please contact Dr Magnus Heitzler by email at firstname.lastname@example.org (no direct applications).
|Job Category||Post doc|