Tampere University and Tampere University of Applied Sciences create a unique environment for multidisciplinary, inspirational and high-impact research and education. Our universities community has its competitive edges in technology, health and society. www.tuni.fi/en
Tampere University now calls for applications for five (5) two-year, fixed-term and full-time Postdoctoral Research Fellow positions. This call is targeted for Ukrainian post-docs who cannot continue their work in Ukraine due to the war and are seeking for a temporary position outside Ukraine.
The positions are based in Tampere. Please note that the appointed Fellows may also be expected to give postgraduate education of their field (up to 5% of total working hours).
Eligibility and evaluation of applicants
To be eligible to apply for these Postdoctoral Research Fellowships you are Ukrainian citizen and have completed your doctoral degree no more than five (5) years ago. You must have received your doctoral certificate dated before the application closing date 15 April 2022.
Applications for these Postdoctoral Research Fellow positions are evaluated on the basis of scientific quality and ambition of the work plans demonstrated in the application documents.
Applications will be assessed against the following key evaluation criteria:
- High academic quality and innovativeness of the work plan
- Feasibility of the work plan
- Specific benefits offered by Tampere University as the research environment for implementing your work plan
Please note that interviews will not be conducted.
We offer a research-inspiring work environment with an excellent up-to-date infrastructure and a collaborative work community in three modern campuses, as well as high-quality support services for researchers. We also offer a wide range of staff benefits, such as occupational health care, flexible working hours, excellent sports facilities and several restaurants and cafés on campuses. Please read more about Working at Tampere Universities.
Salaries are based on the job demands and employees’ personal performance in accordance with the Finnish University Salary System. The starting salaries of Postdoctoral Research Fellows will range between EUR 3,500–4,200 per month (teaching and research staff job requirement level 5).
City of Tampere
Tampere and its surroundings are, after the Helsinki metropolitan area, Finland’s second most significant concentration of education, science, economy and culture. Getting around and to Tampere is effortless, no matter where you come from. For more information on the City of Tampere, please check Visit Tampere.
Please read more about Working at Tampere Universities. You can also find more information about us and working and living in Tampere by watching Tampere Higher Education Community – our academic playground.
Finland offers one of the most advanced and comprehensive social security systems in the world, including personal and family health care and a variety of family benefits. The Finnish educational system is renowned worldwide. For more information on Finland, please check InfoFinland and This is Finland.
How to apply
Please submit your application through our online recruitment system (link below). The closing date for applications is 15 April 2022 at 23.59 EEST (UTC+3).
- Please write your application and all accompanying documents (listed below) in English.
- Please attach them to your application form in the order mentioned below combined as only one (1) PDF file named LastnameFirstname.pdf
Please note that other kinds of file formats will not be accepted.
- Please use Times New Roman 12pt font or a similar easy-to-read font for all documents.
1. Cover letter
Maximum length one (1) page, in which you present your rationale for applying for the post and why you are particularly suited for it.
2. Curriculum Vitae
Maximum length five (5) pages. We prefer CV according to the Finnish National Board on Research Integrity (TENK) guidelines, but without the list of publications:
- Personal details and the date of the CV
- Other education and expertise
- Language skills
- Current employment
- Previous work experience
- Career breaks
- Research funding and grants
- Research output
- Research supervision and leadership experience
- Teaching merits
- Awards and honours
- Other key academic merits
- Scientific and societal impact
- Other merits
3. Work plan
Maximum length 1,500 words (including the title, abstract, headings, and a list of references to the used literature as footnotes) with the following structure and in the following order.
- Title of the work plan (stating the research topic)
- Abstract, maximum length 70 words
- Word count of the work plan
- Your current career stage and how a two-year Fellowship would help you raise the level of your research and/or broaden its scientific horizon and, thus, take your career to the next level.
- Background, rationale and current phase of the work you plan to do during the term of two years
- Significance of the expected results of your work
- Description of how your research would benefit from working at Tampere University and what it would offer to the research conducted at the university
- List of a maximum of your 10 most important earlier research outputs (e.g., publications, datasets or societal impact)
4. Full list of your publications, preferably according to the Academy of Finland guidelines. Please clearly indicate (in bold) your ten (10) most important publications in terms of your work plan and add hyperlinks to these publications, if possible.
We will verify doctoral degree certificate and passport, i.e., Ukrainian citizenship, of the shortlisted candidates before the final nomination.
Please follow the above instructions carefully. Incomplete or non-compliant applications will not be accepted for evaluation.
For more information about the positions, please contact:
Vice President for Research Tapio Visakorpi, firstname.lastname@example.org , tel. +358 50 318 5829
For more information about the application process, please contact:
HR Specialist Jonna Rinne, email@example.com
|Job Category||Teaching and scientific research, Postdoctoral|