IT4Innovations National Supercomputing Center provides Czech and foreign research teams, from both academia and industry, with state-of-the-art HPC and data analysis technologies and services. IT4Innovations currently operates four supercomputers and acts as a research centre with strong international links (www.it4i.cz). We are seeking candidates for the Advanced Data Analysis and Simulations Laboratory to fill the position of:
We expect the candidate’s future involvement in the development of the HEAppE Middleware (http://heappe.eu) and participation in the scope of the Urban TEP project (https://urban-tep.eu). HEAppE Middleware is IT4I’s in-house implementation of HPC-as-a-Service concept. Thanks to its mapping mechanism it provides access to HPC capabilities with additional secure access layer even for users with no HPC knowledge whatsoever. The Urban Thematic Exploitation Platform (Urban TEP) is one of several so-called TEP’s developed in European Space Agency TEP program. The goal is to develop web-based & HPC-ready analytical platform to provide non-expert user communities with the processing services and data storage services needed to access, analyse and visualize geospatial data and derived products.
- work in a research team with focus on the development of specialized information systems and applications related to the utilization of supercomputers,
- participation in national and international research and commercial projects,
- full-stack/back-end application development,
- collaboration on scientific research outputs.
- master’s or doctoral degree in computer science and/or related areas,
- experience with full-stack/back-end application development,
- preferred knowledge of .NET or C++,
- experience with the code versioning systems (Git, SVN)
- willingness to continue self-education and work in team
- English language – good working knowledge
- payment based on the candidate’s experiences,
- main employment,
- interesting work in a young research team,
- opportunity to participate in implementing interesting research and commercial projects,
- professional development through participation at international conferences, workshops, and internships,
- 6 weeks of holidays,
- flexible working hours,
- in-house catering,
- modern working environment.
Commencement of Employment: 1. 4. 2020 or as agreed
Type of Employment:
- full-time employment,
- fixed-term employment.
The application form substantiated with a letter of motivation and CV should be sent electronically by 31 March, 2020 to email address firstname.lastname@example.org. As for the subject of the email message, please indicate “Open Call for the position of the Researcher for the Advanced Data Analysis and Simulations Laboratory”.