Place : University of Toulouse, Laboratoire d’Analyse et d’Architecture des Systèmes (LAAS), Department of Energy Management.
Position : Research positions
LAAS is a CNRS laboratory and also a community of bold researchers where science meets micro and nano technology in close connection with society. We are committed to identifying and solving grand societal challenges and building an innovative future. LAAS has eight departments with nearly 200 doctoral students and a staff of more than 400, of which 300 are researchers or professors. Our campuses are located in Toulouse, south of France. The LAAS portfolio covers fields from physics to engineering and information sciences. In parallel with basic research, we develop ideas and technologies further into innovations and services. We develop integrated solutions from care of the elderly to space robotics and energy solutions for the future.
The Department of Energy Management is looking for highly motivated PhD students and talented Postdoctoral Researchers in reactive materials science and technology for energy applications. The candidate will join our strong research team was granted by Europe with two new projects (European Research Council).
Faculty and staff at NEO-group (10 junior researchers) have joined efforts to form an interdisciplinary team with an overriding focus on nano-engineering and integration of thermite-based energetics into devices to generate heat/pressure/specific gas into miniaturized systems.
Our team follow a multi-disciplinary scientific approach combining nano-material engineering, multi-step physics-based computational modeling and experimental research to understand the kinetics of metal/metal-oxide reactions, plus artificial intelligence technique to support future TCAD.
We offer exceptional scientific and technical environment including 1500 m² clean room, a fablab for device prototyping, additive manufacturing technologies, all techniques required for material characterization.
Both theorists and experimentalists are welcome and applications considered.
- For the PhD Student position, candidates will have a Master’s (or equivalent) degree in Material Science, Material Engineering or Physics.
- For the Postdoctoral Research Associate position, candidates will have, or be close to completing, a PhD Material Science, Material Engineering or related discipline.
- You will have sufficient knowledge in condensed phase physics.
- You possess the independence and ability to undertake high-quality research.
- Your goal as a Postdoctoral Research Associate will be to develop your field of research.
- You will have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team, including the ability to write for publication, present research results at conferences or public meetings, and represent the research group at seminars/meetings.
- You will have strong English written and verbal communication skills (French language skills are not necessary).
Would you like to learn more about this position? Please feel free to contact Dr. Rossi: email@example.com.
HOW TO APPLY
We look forward to receiving your detailed application by sending mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following attachments:
- Application cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of publications with the most significant publications highlighted
- Research plans for future research
- References if possible
|Job Category||Doctorat, Post doc|