We are looking for post-doctoral researchers in social sciences. The social sciences department at LUT University conducts research on sustainable transitions.
LUT University will launch degree programmes in social sciences in autumn 2023. The university’s research in social sciences and communication sciences will also be further strengthened.
LUT University is aiming to build a school of social sciences of a thousand students and a hundred researchers by the 2030s. The school will be an essential actor at the university. The City of Lappeenranta is funding our university’s new field of study by 10 million euros.
LUT’s research in social sciences and communication sciences is based on understanding society and human activities in relation to global sustainability problems. We believe that by engaging people and communities more strongly at the very start of problem-solving, we will bring about changes more quickly.
Research areas of interest
The research interests of the post-doctoral researchers should focus on topics related to sustainability and the energy transition, such as:
- societal and theoretical aspects of low-carbon mobility solutions, the electrification of energy systems, and smart energy systems
- the role of incentives and compensations in new energy infrastructure projects (such as wind power)
- the participation of various stakeholders, including citizens and prosumers, in the future energy policy
- energy justice, democracy and community energy
- social movements and collective action against renewable energy projects
- energy and/or transport poverty
- the organisation analysis of the energy transition
- gendered analysis in climate change and gender and energy
- small nuclear reactors and nuclear waste management.
The post-doctoral researchers should have a doctoral degree in social sciences or a relevant field. We expect the ability to conduct high-quality research and teach at a high level.
Employment relationship and pay
The position includes a six-month trial period. The employment relationship will start with a one-year term, which can be extended by three years if the researcher performs his/her work successfully. The annual salary range of post-doctoral researchers is approximately 46 700–54 500 euros (plus a holiday bonus), depending on the qualifications and experience of the candidate.
The deadline for applications is 23 October 2022 at midnight, Finnish local time (UTC +3h).
Please submit your application together with the following required attachments through the university’s online application system:
- a cover letter
- a curriculum vitae (max 5 p.)
- a research proposal (max 3 p.)
- a copy of your doctoral degree certificate; if the original documents are not in English, each document must be accompanied by an official certified translation into English
- a complete list of publications
- the contact information of two persons who can provide references.
For further information, please contact Associate Professor Hanna-Mari Husu, firstname.lastname@example.org, mobile +358 503 022 145, or Associate Professor Matti Kojo, email@example.com, mobile +358 503 023 920.
Clean energy, water and air are life-giving resources for which we at LUT University seek new solutions with our expertise in technology, business and social sciences. We help society and businesses in their sustainable renewal. Our international community consists of 7 500 members. Our campuses are in Lappeenranta and Lahti, Finland. We are the world’s ninth best university for climate action.
Technical support for using the recruitment system: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application period starts: 2022-09-29 12:00 Application period ends: 2022-10-23 23:59
|Job Category||Post doc|