We are looking for two (2) enthusiastic and motivated Post-doctoral Researchers to work in the International Centre for Theory of Quantum Technologies (ICTQT) of the University of Gdańsk.
ICTQT was created in 2018 within the International Research Agendas Programme of the Foundation for Polish Science co-financed by the European Union from the funds of the Smart Growth Operational Programme, axis IV: Increasing the research potential (Measure 4.3). The founders of ICTQT are Marek Zukowski (the director) and Pawel Horodecki (the research group leader). The Centre’s official partner is IQOQI-Vienna of the Austrian Academy of Sciences.
The Centre consists of 6 research groups: Multiphoton Quantum Optics for Quantum Information (leader Marek Zukowski); New Quantum Resources (leader Paweł Horodecki); Foundational Underpinnings of Quantum Technologies (leader Ana Belen Sainz); New Quantum Resources and Thermodynamics (leader Michał Horodecki); Quantum Cybersecurity and Communication (leader Marcin Pawłowski); Quantum Open Systems in Relation to Quantum Optics (leader Łukasz Rudnicki)
In particular, the competition is aimed at scientists whose interests are in line with the research plan of the New Quantum Resources Group led by Paweł Horodecki and the Quantum Cybersecurity and Communication Group led by Marcin Pawłowski.
More about the research groups at: https://ictqt.ug.edu.pl/
Positions are offered by the International Centre for Theory of Quantum Technologies of the University of Gdansk within the implementation of the project “International Centre for Theory of Quantum Technologies” (contract no. MAB/2018/5). The project is financed by the Foundation for Polish Science from the funds of the Smart Growth Operational Programme, axis IV: Increasing the research potential (Measure 4.3) under the International Research Agendas Programme.
- Active scientific research.
- Presentation and discussion of ideas and results with a diverse audience at ICTQT and at external events.
- Participation in mentoring of PhD and Master students.
- Participation in activities organised by ICTQT.
- Participation in seminars, group meetings, and other activities of scientific exchange.
- Full-time employment in a rapidly developing unit, the International Centre for Theory of Quantum Technologies at the University of Gdansk. The start date of employment is negotiable, the employment period may be extended after an evaluation;
- Gross monthly salary up to PLN 12 500,00, depending on experience (based on research resume and publication record);
- Scientific and organizational support;
- Basic equipment and core facilities;
- Friendly, inspiring, and interdisciplinary environment, which features close connections to the National Centre for Quantum Information (KCIK) and the Institute for Theoretical Physics and Astrophysics (IFTiA) at UG.
General rules of the recruitment process
- A postdoctoral position can be offered to candidates who received their PhD degree in 2018 or later.
- The interview is expected at the turn of May and June.
- ICTQT Selecting Commission (SC) reserves the right to invite for the interview only pre-selected candidates.
- The SC’s decision is final and is not subject to appeal.
- The SC reserves the right to close the competition without selecting a candidate.
- The decision will be made by the SC within 3 months from the date of recruitment completion.
- In the event of resignation from accepting the position of the selected candidate, the SC has the right to send the offer to the person placed on the reserve list, and in the absence of such a list, the SC has the right to reconsider the applications submitted to the competition and to indicate a new candidate.
All required documents should be prepared in English:
- Filled-in recruitment form
- Curriculum vitae;
- A research resume with a list of publications, and a list of research projects (if any) in which the candidate took part (with a specification of the role); PDF files of the three most relevant papers by the candidate (or just web links, in the case of open access publications); a list of invited talks at conferences and workshops, and a list of academic prizes and awards (if any);
- Motivation letter (including a statement of current scientific interests)– up to 2 pages;
- Documents confirming scientific degrees (copy of PhD diploma, or equivalent);
- Name and contact details (e-mail addresses) of two senior researchers who may provide reference letters on behalf of the candidate (the candidate is expected to contact the referees and ask them to send reference letters directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. The letters must be sent before the deadline). ICTQT may also contact the referees directly, to request the letters, or to send reminders.
|Job Category||Teaching and scientific research, Postdoctoral|