Thank you to everyone who participated in the Climate Crisis Photography Competition 2023. The winners will be announced on our website and be notified via email by June 28, 2023.
Our Nature and Wildlife Photo Competition 2024 is now open for submissions, where you will have opportunity showcase your work to the world, and win one of three cash prizes. You can submit your entry by April 26, 2024. The winners will be announced on our website and be notified via email in early June 2024, so stay tuned!
As the saying goes: “A picture is worth a thousand words”.
We at Earth.Org strongly believes that photography and imagery has the power to inspire, educate and galvanise action into protecting and preserving our home and planet.
Our Climate Crisis Photography Competition 2023 saw more than 500 talented photographers from over 60 countries submit their work, all of whom share a passion for the environment, uncovering our planet’s natural beauty while highlighting our changing planet and the impacts of human activities.
Stay tuned to find out who the winners are. In the meantime, you can check out the full list winners of the 2022 Competition here.
EO Photography Competition 2024: Categories
We invite explorers, adventure travellers, professional photographers and photographers working on the front line of wildlife conservation across the world to submit their photographs for the following categories:
1. Wildlife in Peril
Document or highlight the biodiversity and wildlife struggles caused by climate change and human activities. For example: animals suffering, trapped or endangered.
2. Climate Action
Photographs that capture environmental protests (youth or widespread), climate solutions in practice, or actions of change (renewable energy, sustainable activities, beach clean-ups, etc).
Check out the Earth.Org’s interview with Lorenzo: The Importance of Protecting Coral Reefs: A Conversation with Conservation Photographer Lorenzo Mittiga
3. Overall Winner
6 of the best photos to be chosen from the two categories above
EO Photography Competition 2024: Rules
- Do submit: high-quality photographs of nature and wildlife that inspire action
- Don’t submit: photographs of pets, images that are blurry or staged, beautiful landscape works that do not showcase the theme of the categories.
- We WILL NOT accept any AI-generated photographs or photographs that have been heavily edited
How To Enter
To enter the EO Climate Crisis Photography Competition 2024, entrants must submit their best 3 photographs for each category (max 6 altogether) by completing the online Entrance Form below by April 26th, 2024.
Please use the following format for submitting your photos: “Category_Name“. If you don’t submit your photos using the format, they will not be considered.
Note: By submitting your photographs you are giving permission for EO to share them on EO social media channels, and use them to promote and inform readers about the competition. If we use a photograph the participant will be tagged, and credited appropriately.
- The Winner of the Earth.Org “Overall Best Environmental Photo” 2023 will be awarded with US$500.
- The Winners of the two sub-categories “Wildlife in Peril” 2023 and “Climate Action” 2023 will be awarded with US$250 each.
- All entries must be received by April 26th, 2024.
- All Winners will be invited to take over the Earth.Org Instagram page for a week each.
- All Winners will be interviewed for articles on Earth.Org and given the chance to showcase their work on our website or in our articles.
- Winners will be announced on our website and notified via email by June 23rd, 2024.
All winners will have their photos featured on all of Earth.Org’s website, social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, as well as newsletters, which all reach a passionate audience and raises the entrants’ profile as wildlife or environmental photographers globally.
The 20 best photos selected from all participants will also be invited to join our network of EO Photographers.
2024 Photography Competition Judges
- Emilio Mancuso – Winner of the 2023 Earth.Org Photography Competition and the latest addition to the EO Photographers community, Mancuso is a marine biologist and underwater photographer from Italy.
- Rayhan Ahmed – Ahmed is a professional freelancer photographer from Bangladesh, winner of the 2023 Earth.Org Photography Competition in the category ‘Human Impacts on the Environment’
Judges will value the unusual, the dramatic – viewpoints not seen before; so originality will play a vital part in the way judges will view your submission. There will be one Winner in each Category, and an overall winner.
We look forward to receiving your Competition Entry submission. Good Luck!