HR Operations Coordinator
Local Human Resources
Last application date: 12/1/2020
Do You Enjoy Working in a Fast-Paced Team Environment? If you’re talented, collaborative and curious, join us and help shape the future of our thriving organization.
Maersk has established a solid and strong experience in logistics & transport services including but not limited to Shipping, Customs House Brokerage & Inland logistics segments.
With the aim to grow further and becoming the global integrator of container logistics in the CIA area, including Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, Liberia and Sierra Leone, we need a passioned and energised HR partner to support business growth and building an improved employee experience .
At Maersk, you’ll be part of a global team motivated by bringing food and commodities to people in every corner of the world. We do this through close partnerships with our valued customers, who trade everything from seafood and fruits, to clothes, electronics and cars! No matter our role in the Region our end goal is to simplify the lives of our customers. This is done through seamless processes, best in class digital solutions, and great customer service! So, we offer:
i. Results orientation
ii. Improved leadership capabilities
iii. Interaction within broader Area for best practice sharing
iv. Creating network within the global organization
v. Understand market and customer drivers
Moreover, you will expand your customer network and enrich your market and product knowledge while enhancing the Maersk’s leadership position and contributing to the continuous success of the Maersk organization
This HR generalist role will cover the whole existing HR processes.
The best candidate scope includes but is not limited to these responsibilities:
– Be our HR IT & systems go-to person
– Act as the Learning & Development focal point : follow up & taking ownership for all training needs & requirements
– Handle whenever required the recruitment process (end to end ) or provides assistance to the Center of Expertise in charge
– Ensure proper & updated employee data file records
– Ensure that job descriptions are kept up-to date
– Collect data for payroll preparation process (social security, overtime, etc.) in full compliance with statutory & company requirements
– Coordinates delivery Operations:
• Ensure monthly reports are obtained from managers regarding attendance. Reviews & highlights anomalies for discussion with them
• Obtain monthly reports from managers to track attendance & leave utilization. Reviews & highlights anomalies for discussion with them Provides summary reports to ensure policy compliance
• Analyses the working hours of both external and internal employees to track performance in operations
• Controls and validate the dockers working hours
• Regularly (monthly, quarterly, semi-annually) analyses performance effectiveness data – prepare progress reports (highlighting good performance, performance gaps and suggesting practical interventions to improve performance)
– Be responsible for employee relations & disciplinary process
The key impact of this incumbent will be for the provision of timely & accurate operational support within the department to maintain day to day efficiencies in the office
We are looking for
• Requires a higher education/bachelor/post-graduation or university degree in human resources management and / or law.
• 3-5 years’ experience in HR operations role including Frontline workers management
• Good communication & Interpersonal skills
• Problem solving skills with empathy, focus customer satisfaction and attention to details
• Team player
• Excellent Knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Good organizational skills with understanding of prioritization (Time management, work under pressure with tight deadlines, multi-tasking)
• Proficiency in English (verbal & written) will be a plus
• Previous experience in Logistics & Transport Industry will be a plus