The Jahn group at the Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry of the Czech Academy of Sciences in Prague offers two PhD studentships starting in October 2021.
The projects concern 1) Approaches to non-natural amino acids and incorporation into peptides, and 2) The total synthesis of indole alkaloids.
You need to
• hold an M.Sc. degree in organic chemistry
• have very good theoretical knowledge in organic chemistry, excellent practical lab experience, as well as expertise in structure elucidation of organic compounds
• be motivated
• have very good oral and written English communication skills
• Competitive salary
• 5 weeks of vacation
• Health insurance and full benefits package incl. contribution to pension, culture, and sport
• Lunch subsidy
• Other IOCB employee benefits
You will work in an excellent European institute with state-of-the-art facilities in an international group of PhD students and postdocs.
Prague offers a stimulating atmosphere to accomplish your goals and is an excellent place to live.
How to apply:
Please send a motivation letter, your CV, graduation certificates, and transcripts of records to Dr. Ullrich Jahn: [email protected].
The Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry of the Czech Academy of Sciences / IOCB Prague is a leading internationally recognized scientific institution whose primary mission is the pursuit of basic research in chemical biology and medicinal chemistry, organic and materials chemistry, chemistry of natural substances, biochemistry and molecular biology, physical chemistry, theoretical chemistry, and analytical chemistry. An integral part of the IOCB Prague’s mission is the implementation of the results of basic research in practice. Emphasis on interdisciplinary research gives rise to a wide range of applications in medicine, pharmacy, and other fields.
|Job Category||Internship and training|