The Associate Dean of Marketing Management in the BCIT School of Business + Media will be a results-focused leader dedicated to fostering a culture of creativity in the department. We are looking for a proven proponent of hands-on learning with an appreciation for the range of industry-driven part-time and full-time programs in our department: communications, entrepreneurship, professional sales, real estate, and tourism.
Reporting to the Dean of Business, the Associate Dean is responsible for leading the department in a collegial fashion and facilitating operations to ensure student service levels. The successful candidate will provide support for faculty, staff, and students. This individual will be in charge of spearheading the implementation of corporate and school-level educational strategies and objectives.
In addition, this individual is responsible for executing a broad range of initiatives impacting the daily and longer-term strategic issues important to the institute. For this reason, the Associate Dean recognizes opportunities for change, engages faculty in the process, and provides proactive leadership in new program development to meet changing workforce needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represents the Institute, School and Department at relevant Industry, community and sector functions.
- Establishes and maintains an effective liaison with relevant industries, professional groups and associations, government agencies, joint boards, BCIT support groups, etc.
- Manages complex budgets, both operational and capital, including determining costs, allocations, and expenditures, and monitoring the processes for multiple programs.
- Ensures academic integrity for all program courses.
- Establishes, maintains and operates an ongoing process of program evaluation, ensuring that programs and courses are of a high quality and are effectively and efficiently delivered in accordance with established standards.
- Manages the department in accordance with the appropriate collective agreement.
- In consultation with the program areas, sets appropriate performance expectations, and evaluates performance based on those expectations and objectives. In accordance with the relevant collective agreements, coordinates and signs off faculty and support staff performance reviews. Ensures that group and individual staff development plans are established to meet individual, program and Institute needs. Monitors implementation of these plans.
- Manage faculty and support staff, numbering approximately 40 employees
- Works under general direction of the Dean and is required to operate autonomously. Work is reviewed periodically for achievement of objectives and quality and effectiveness of programs.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT BCIT:
- Being a part of BC’s Top 100 Employers, and a member of the CCDI.
- A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a pension plan.
- Access to Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development.
- Increase your knowledge with Tuition waivers for BCIT courses.
- Enjoy subsidized parking and discounted access to our fitness facilities (including classes like Yoga and Zumba).
- Additional Wellness and Employee Assistance programs.
- Graduate degree at the Master’s or Ph.D. level, with five years of relevant senior management experience, industry knowledge and a proven record in academic leadership.
- Teaching experience in a relevant field preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, strong analytical skills and a proven network with industry are required.
- An equivalent combination of education and professional experience may be considered.
- Knowledgeable on all modes of instruction delivery (on-site and online)
View the full job description here: Associate Dean, Marketing Management, School of Business
BCIT offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package and promotes an inclusive workplace. BCIT is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only successful candidates will be required to have transcripts submitted directly to BCIT’s Human Resources Department directly from granting institution at the time of reference checks. If applicable, successful candidates will be responsible for the completion of international credential evaluations. All appointments will be conditional until receipt of verified credentials.
To apply, visit us at careers.bcit.ca
We are only able to accept applications that are submitted on the BCIT Careers website.
|Job Category||Enseignement et recherche scientifique|