The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) is a unique non-university research center devoted to the subject of dementia and all its fields, as well as other neurodegenerative diseases. The center covers all basic research from population sciences to health care research. The DZNE stands for excellence in scientific research and management, the translation of scientific results into practice, interdisciplinarity and internationalization. It is a research center within the Helmholtz organization of German research centers. With more than 1,000 employees from 55 countries, spread over 10 sites, the DZNE is one of the main national and international research centers in its research field.
In the area of population health sciences in Bonn, we are looking for a
Experienced researcher (f / m / d) in immunology and aging
Our goal is to understand the complex and heterogeneous causes of neurodegenerative diseases and other age-related diseases in order to contribute to their effective and individualized prevention and treatment. More specifically, we are studying the interaction between the genome and the exposome to determine the state of health. Significant emphasis is placed on the interactions and mutual dependencies between the mechanisms involved in immunology and inflammation, aging and metabolic programming, and the central nervous system. Our research is primarily based on the Rhineland study, a cohort based on a deeply phenotypical population that will include more than 20,000 people aged 30 and over and is designed to function for decades. Basic data collection includes extensive structural and functional brain imaging, cognitive and behavioral assessments, cardiovascular investigations, sensory system assessments, medical history questions, medication use, lifestyle, nutrition and mental health, and a large collection of biomaterials. To this end, we have recently added immunophenotyping by cell profiling in several flow cytometry panels and whole blood stimulation tests with a range of innate immune stimuli. nutrition and mental health, and a large collection of biomaterials. To this end, we have recently added immunophenotyping by cell profiling in several flow cytometry panels and whole blood stimulation tests with a range of innate immune stimuli. nutrition and mental health, and a large collection of biomaterials. To this end, we have recently added immunophenotyping by cell profiling in several flow cytometry panels and whole blood stimulation tests with a range of innate immune stimuli.
The successful candidate should direct and further develop our research efforts in this area. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervision of data acquisition (immunophenotyping, immune activation, analysis of cytokines and transcriptomes)
- Data analysis and preparation of manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals
- Supervision of graduate students
- Maintain contact with our internal and external academic partners
- Preparation of grant applications to strengthen the line of research and develop its own research objective.
Applicants must have a doctorate in immunology, epidemiology, medicine, computational biology or other relevant discipline, and experience in the field of complex disease research. Demonstrated interest in quantitative research, strong analytical skills, independent and critical thinking skills, leadership skills and excellent communication and writing skills in English are prerequisites. Work experience in epidemiological research or large-scale observational studies as well as experience in clinical immunology are highly desirable.
- Interesting and stimulating work at the forefront of health research in a highly interdisciplinary and international team. The common language at work is English.
- Participation in the Bonn Cluster of Excellence “Immunosensation2” as well as in several international consortia
- Great opportunities for groundbreaking research collaborations
- Strong potential for developing one’s own research profile
- We actively encourage and support the personal development and growth of our employees
- Employment, payment and benefits are determined by the public sector collective agreement (TvöD)
The professional qualification of researchers at the start of their careers is of great importance for DZNE. In addition to the special offers for career development and support, the DZNE also offers researchers career opportunities in the form of junior research groups or internal professional paths to obtain scientific independence.
You will obtain specific skills and knowledge for your scientific qualification
during your activities at DZNE. The DZNE is an employer guaranteeing equal opportunities.
He undertakes to employ disabled people and particularly encourages them to apply.
Please apply via: https://jobs.dzne.de/en/jobs/30427/form
|Job Category||Enseignement et recherche scientifique|