The Department of Civil Engineering and Energy Technologies wishes to strengthen the management of the department. We are therefore looking for an enthusiastic, enterprising and development-oriented Head of Studies in Energy and Environment in Buildings constituting 50% constituting 50% of a full-time position, the remaining 50% of the full-time position being devoted to academic tasks: research and teaching. The position reports to the department head and will be part of the department’s management team.
The director of studies will be assigned to a fixed-term position of four years, with the possibility of extension for new periods, with a maximum of three consecutive periods of 4 years or for an equivalent period of twelve years. After the end of the fixed-term period, the position will become a 100% permanent position as an associate professor in structural engineering.
Tasks and responsibilities as director of studies:
The tasks and responsibilities of the director of studies at OsloMet are described here (only available in Norwegian): stillingsbeskrivelsen for studieleder :
- Responsible for team collaborators in consultation with the department head
- Develop individual work plans and task allocation
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of the department’s strategy
- Develop and monitor the educational quality of the studies, including the preparation of program plans, the evaluation of new subjects and the adaptation of the studies to the needs of the market and society
- Be a point of contact in student affairs
- Participate in departmental planning, budgeting and reporting
- The head of studies will have limited budgetary responsibility and will be responsible for conducting business in their field in accordance with the strategies and objectives adopted.
Tasks and responsibilities as an associate professor:
- Teach and supervise undergraduate, master and doctoral students and possibly continuing education students
- Contact business partners and government or public institutions
- Contribute to the continuous development of the university community and the department’s study programs
- Do your own research and development
- Academic and administrative tasks
- Active contribution to the development of quality education
- Active contribution to the development of the department, and OsloMet in general
- Disseminate research results to academic communities and to society in general
- Participate in the development of new major research projects and requests for external funding with colleagues from OsloMet and beyond
- Participate in research collaboration with national and international partners
- Doctorate in structural engineering or in related fields (analysis and design of structures, digital mechanics, earthquake engineering, fatigue, etc.)
- The candidate must have skills in one of the following areas:
- o Analysis and design of concrete, wood and / or steel structures according to Eurocodes
- o Numerical analysis and / or optimization and / or machine learning in the broader field of structural engineering
- Documented research and publications in the broader field of structural engineering
- The candidate must document educational theory and practice relevant to higher education. Applicants who are unable to document basic educational qualifications upon their appointment must acquire these qualifications within two years.
- Fluency in oral and written English and a Scandinavian language is required.
- Experience and good understanding of financial and personnel management. Management experience will be strongly emphasized
- Good knowledge of current Norwegian regulations; Universitets- og høgskoleloven, Arbeidsmiljøloven and other relevant laws and regulations
The general criteria for appointment to university positions are covered by the Regulation respecting the appointment and promotion to university positions.
The following will be an advantage:
- Experience using FEA software such as ABAQUS, ANSYS, LS-DYNA or similar
- Proven experience in launching and managing research and development work
- Laboratory work experience
- Teaching and supervision experience at different levels
- Experience with educational development
- Teaching skills
- Experience working with and in industry / public administration in structural engineering
- International university and industrial network
- Project acquisition potential
- Ability to communicate and cooperate with students and colleagues
- Personal qualities that positively contribute to the work environment
- Ability to work in a structured, future-oriented and solution-oriented way
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships
- Motivational and inclusive leadership style
OsloMet assesses teaching qualifications in conjunction with interviews.
It is important for OsloMet to reflect the population of our region, and all qualified candidates are invited to apply. We are actively working to develop OsloMet as an inclusive workplace and to adapt the workplace if necessary. If there are periods when you have not been at work, studying or in training, you can also apply.
Applicants will be assessed by a committee of experts. Before the application deadline, please download the following documents with your application:
- CV (including teaching and supervisory experience and the name and contact details of at least three references)
- Complete list of publications
- Copies of certificates / diplomas (including formal education in pedagogy, if applicable)
- Up to ten full-text scientific articles, submitted with a table of contents and a brief introduction highlighting the relevance of the article to the job profile and a detailed description of the applicant’s contribution to the article
- A text (up to 2 pages) describing your relevant teaching experience and the educational activity and development plans in the position (“pedagogical declaration”) and the educational position of the candidate.
- A text (up to 2 pages) describing your relevant research and the research activity plans in the position (“research statement”). This overview should include an overview of existing projects and research collaborators.
- A text (up to 2 pages) describing your manager experience and your management philosophy
- Other relevant documentation
You must download all documents for your request to be processed. Documents must be in English or in the Scandinavian language. Translations must be authorized. The originals must be presented if you are invited for an interview. OsloMet checks the documents in order to give you as an applicant an appropriate assessment and to ensure fair competition. If you have documents that cannot be downloaded electronically, please contact
HR Advisor Hilde Tverseth, email@example.com , phone + 47 67238606
- An exciting managerial job in an active and diverse environment at the third largest Norwegian university
- Networking and leadership development opportunity
- Workplace with ambitious goals and growth requirements
- Participation in research groups
- Academic development opportunities in a creative and inspiring research environment
- Interaction with a diverse student group
- Loan agreements and pension through the Norwegian fund retirement from the Public Service
- Beneficial social protection schemes and a wide range of sports and cultural offerings
- Workplace in central Oslo with multiple cultural offerings
The position is remunerated in accordance with the basic public service collective agreement and the OsloMets salary policy. Responsible for studies 1473 . The salary is NOK 679 000-765 100 per year and the post code 1011 Associate Professor. The salary is NOK 532,300 to NOK 691,400 per year. A higher salary can be envisaged for particularly qualified candidates.
For more information on the position, do not hesitate to contact:
- Head of department Hallgrim Hjelmbrekke, telephone +47 67 23 62 20, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to apply, please do so through our application portal.
Application deadline: 26.03.2020
|Job Category||Administration, Consultant|