The ETUI was founded to conduct research, as well as to provide scientific, educational and technical support, for the European Trade Union Confederation (ETUC) and its affiliates. Its overall task, in other words, is to contribute to the development of Social Europe and the Social Dialogue.
Under the supervision of the director of Research department and Head of Unit, you will be responsible for the coordination of administrative and logistic tasks, including:
- Ensure organisation and coordination of seminars, conferences, meetings and events (from A to Z)
- Preparation and sending of invitation to participants as well as all documents necessary for the event
- Organising and booking events (transport and accommodation for participants, venue, meals, interpretation etc.)
- Negotiation with suppliers and preparation of contracts and tenders, taking into consideration the rules laid down by the European Commission and by the internal rules
- Attending project meetings when appropriate etc.
- Administrative support to the department
- Undertaking general administration including word processing, dealing correspondence, photocopying, sending of letters, contracts, mailings, reports and documents
- Maintaining up to date office filing system and archive in database
- Providing a contribution to CRM database
- Collecting and providing project information to staff team on a regular basis
- Ensure financial follow-up of projects/ activities
- Supporting project officer, including preparation of documents and follow-up on timelines and deliverables
- Maintaining up to date projects information and projects follow-up (lists of participants, reimbursements forms, expenditure, contracts, invoices, purchase orders etc.)
- Controlling project budget in terms of expenditures according to the work plan (receiving and checking invoices, claims of reimbursement etc.)
- Performing other duties as the supervisor may request/deem necessary
Qualifications and skills:
We look for a dynamic, reliable, well-organised assistant with a good team spirit and excellent planning and coordination skills. She/he should be able to adjust to multiple tasks and prioritize the work. She/he should be pro-active, flexible and able to organize the work independently with a strong sense of responsibility and attention to details.
A positive attitude, very good writing and communication skills, solid inter-personal skills, ability to work in in a multicultural environment are also essential as well as a good knowledge of ITC tools (Excel, Outlook, SharePoint and Word).
The candidate should have at least three years of secretarial and administrative experience or related tasks, experience in a non-profit organization would be an asset. An excellent knowledge of English and French (working languages) are essential, knowledge of German would be an advantage.
Only successful candidates will be informed and invited to the interview, which will take place end of March 2020.
Conditions of employment
The ETUI offers a permanent full-time contract in a challenging and dynamic working environment, combining excellent academic standards with close contacts to European policymakers. For further information visit: http://www.etui.org. The ETUI offers good working conditions with a competitive salary and an attractive package of fringe benefits.
Applications and supporting documents (CV, short motivation letter, evidence of qualifications, etc.) should be sent before 29 February 2020 to:
Or by post to:
Attention to Sophie Kasiers
Boulevard du Roi Albert II, 5
|Job Category||Assistanat - Secrétariat - Accueil|