Westlake University is a new type of non-profit research-oriented university in the People’s Republic of China, supported by public and private funding. At Westlake, we strive for excellence in advanced research and nourish talented change-makers while remaining small and refined to ensure research and education quality.
Our three schools, School of Life Sciences, School of Science, and School of Engineering, focus on selected natural and life sciences and engineering disciplines, emphasizing interdisciplinary collaboration. Our goal is to cultivate generations of talent that dare to step into the unknown and are willing to take social responsibility.
Westlake University is currently accepting multiple applications from high-level talent for teaching faculty positions in English (ESL) to expand the university’s professional teaching force further, establish a high-level teaching system aligned with the university’s mission and goals, and provide students with firm learning guidance and support. The specific job responsibilities and qualifications are as follows:
Teaching Faculty Positions in English (ESL)
– Develop global-standard English curricula and courses; create a standardized evaluation system for the assessment of students’ English ability.
– Teach doctoral and undergraduate English courses, and assist students in developing English skills using an integrated and creative approach.
– Maintain current professional best practices in ESL teaching methods and technology through active learning and self-training.
– Ensure sufficient office hours to assist students in regular consultation, and the use of library resources, online databases, and other information resources.
– Organize or participate in other teaching-related and English-related activities on campus.
– Possess or acquire a strong familiarity with Westlake University; strong professional ethics and sense of dedication in teaching which aligns with Westlake University’s missions and goals. Passionate about teaching English with extensive theoretical and practical experience at the university level.
– Ph.D. in English, TESOL/TEFL, Applied Linguistics, or a closely related field obtained from a leading Chinese or international university. Applicants with Ph.D. degrees in other fields who have obtained a TESOL/TEFL certificate and have extensive experience teaching ESL students will also be considered. Special consideration can be granted for native speaker candidates with extensive experience teaching university-level English.
– Three or more years of university-level ESL teaching experience. Experience in teaching technical writing/academic writing is a plus.
– Strong communication, writing, and interpersonal skills.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Westlake University offers an internationally competitive salary, an attractive benefits package, and comprehensive insurance coverage.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANTS:
To apply, please send the following documents in English as a single PDF file to email@example.com :
– Cover letter
– Curriculum vitae
– Teaching statement describing your teaching philosophy
– Course description and syllabus for a proposed introductory undergraduate course
– A list of at least three professional references with complete contact information
Please indicate “Position applied for-Name-Source “ in the email subject lines and the CV attachment title.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Outstanding short-listed applicants will be contacted for interviews. Interviews will continue until all positions are filled.
Westlake University is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals of all ethnic backgrounds and countries.
|Job Category||Teaching and scientific research|