We are seeking for highly motivated postdoctoral fellows to join in Dr. Thanh Hoang?s lab in the University of Michigan. Our research encompasses a wide range of neuroscience research and functional genomics, ineurodevelopment and neurodegeneration and glial biology. Using a combination of large-scale multiomics and genetic tools in both mouse and human systems, our lab particularly focuses on exploring the regenerative capacity and neuroprotective roles of glial cells in injuries and neurodegenerative disorders. Postdocs in our lab will have freedom to choose innovative and exciting projects while, at the same time, develop their own independent research careers. More information about the lab can be found at https://hoanglabregen.com/
The successful candidate will work with a dynamic and multidisciplinary research team. Responsibilities include:
- Conceive and lead research projects
- Perform analyses on omics datasets, such as single-cell RNA-Seq and ATAC-Seq data
- Develop and implement complex research protocols to address research questions
- Be involved in manuscripts/reports preparation.
- Work closely with other team members and train new members
Strong expertise in at least one of the following fields is preferred:
- Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computer science or related quantitative fields. Experience in machine learning is highly desirable.
- Molecular biology and Cell biology
- Developmental Biology and Neuroscience
- Biochemistry, Genomics and Genetics
Candidates must hold a Ph.D or MD/PhD degree, be highly self-motivated and willing to learn new concepts/techniques, and demonstrate a record of research achievement.
Interested applicants should send curriculum vitae, a brief description of research interests, and the contact information of 2 references. Applications will be reviewed on rolling basis.
|Job Category||Internship and training|