Research: The postdoctoral fellow is expected to contribute to the research projects in our group, such as colonization of plastic material by microbes and multicellular organisms, or litter studies in urbane environment and in remote regions.
Teaching: The position includes a 3h/week teaching commission in the Master Course on Sustainable Development and the supervision of master students.
- PhD in biology, environmental sciences, or in another relevant natural science discipline
- Proven knowledge and experience in quantitative methods and statistics
- Extensive experience and expertise in micro-, meso- or macroplastics field work, separation, and analysis
- Modelling experience
We look forward to hiring an enthusiastic, responsible and ambitious person with a “can do” attitude, and independent work style. Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English are required, knowledge of German is an asset.
- 1 year position, starting date: 1 January 2024
- Integration in an active, dynamic and interdisciplinary research unit with microplastics experience
- A supportive, collaborative and cooperative work environment with regular meetings and exchanges
- Participation in a broad and well established international research network
- Modern research facilities and excellent scientific environment at Basel University
- Salary and social benefits are provided according to University of Basel rules.
Application / Contact
For further information, please contact
Prof. Dr. Patricia Holm, Universität Basel, Dept. Environmental Sciences, Man-Society-Environment (MGU) Vesalgasse 1, CH-4051 Basel, Switzerland, Tel.: +41-61 207 04 02, E-mail: email@example.com
Applicants should submit a letter of motivation, their CV, a documentation of their academic degree and contact information of three potential referees in one single PDF document at firstname.lastname@example.org (PDF labeled and Email header: ‘Post Doc application < LAST NAME>’). Closing date: September, 15th 2023.