We are looking for a talented candidate to apply for a MarieSkłodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA) Individual postdoctoral fellowship 2020. The interested candidate willsubmit an MSCA fellowship jointly with the‘Ecoimmunology & Microbiome Group’ headed by Prof. Mahesh S. Desai. Theresearch project will focus on the interactions between diet, the gutmicrobiome and colonic mucus in a neurodegenerative disease multiple sclerosis(MS). The project is based on the published work (Desai et al., Cell, 2016;Martens…Desai, Nature Reviews Microbiology, 2018) on the same topic andinvolves gnotobiotic mouse models, synthetic microbial communities, MS patientcohorts and key international collaborations in Europe, USA and Japan. Thepostdoc will participate in an exciting research program in an internationalresearch team with prior success with the MSCA applications. Scientific andprofessional guidance will be provided to submit the application for apostdoctoral fellowship that, if successful, could be initiated between spring2021 to early 2022. A ‘bridge funding’ option may be available to start earlierin 2020 before the outcome of the fellowship application.
29, RUE HENRI KOCH, ESCH-SUR-ALZETTE L-4354, LUXEMBOURG
- Submit an MSCA individual fellowship together with the host institute on an exciting research topic about understanding the microbiome-based mechanisms of MS pathogenesis.
- Carry out a research project independently (drafting, validation, etc.) and set up follow up projects.
- Participate in the execution of a research project (implementation, follow-up, planning) within a research team while trying to optimize productivity.
- Design and execute experiments as required by the project.
- Write scientific articles for peer-reviewed international journals.
- Develop scientific methodology and techniques adapted to the research project.
- Evaluate research results for patent filing.
- Present the work as well as results during research unit meetings and at international meetings, congresses.
- Establish and disseminate the bibliography to the other researchers, students and technicians.
- Communicate problems and suggestions for possible solutions in a clear way.
- Participate in the societal dimension: dissemination of simplified research results to the general public (through articles, conferences, etc.).
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- PhD degree in Microbiology/Immunology/Neurobiology/Biochemistry/Molecular Biology/Bioinformatics
- High level of motivation for research, attention to detail, scientific creativity and originality, and writing skills
- Languages skills: fluent command of English
2 to 3 year fixed-term contract – Full time
Application deadline MSCA fellowship: 9 September 2020
For more information please contact: Prof. Mahesh Desai: email@example.com
Website: Eco-Immunology and Microbiome Unit
|Job Category||Enseignement et recherche scientifique|