Let’s shape the future – University of Antwerp
The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, European university. We offer an innovative academic education to more than 20000 students, conduct pioneering scientific research and play an important service-providing role in society. We are one of the largest, most international and most innovative employers in the region. With more than 6000 employees from 100 different countries, we are helping to build tomorrow’s world every day. Through top scientific research, we push back boundaries and set a course for the future – a future that you can help to shape.
The Department of Mathematics in the Faculty of Science is advertising a full-time (100%) postdoctoral scholarship in symplectic geometry and/or dynamical systems (broadly understood).
- You will conduct research in the area of symplectic geometry and/or dynamical systems (broadly understood) and in the activities of the Pure Mathematics Group.
- This postdoctoral scholarship is mentored by Prof. Sonja Hohloch and financed by funds related to the Francqui Research Professorship granted to Sonja Hohloch by the Francqui Foundation and the joint Excellence of Science research project “Beyond symplectic geometry” funded by the Flemish and Wallonian Research Foundations (FWO & F.R.S-FNRS).
- You are encouraged to participate in the supervision of bachelor and master students and other team members.
- Your teaching load will consist of two semester courses in the Bachelor and Master Programs of the Department of Mathematics. Besides, you will assist in the organisation of the weekly research seminar.
- You will participate in the provision of academic services: you will represent the research group both internally and externally, help to coordinate service projects, and so on.
- You hold a PhD in mathematics of physics.
- Your research qualities are in line with the faculty and university research policies.
- Your teaching competences are in line with the University of Antwerp’s educational vision.
- You act with attention to quality, integrity, creativity and cooperation.
- You speak and write English fluently, speaking Dutch would be an asset. If you do not speak Dutch, you are willing to learn Dutch (there is funding for language classes).
What we offer:
- We offer a full-time appointment by a postdoctoral scholarship for a period of 2 years. Following a positive evaluation, the scholarship can be renewed for another year.
- The planned start date is November 1, 2023 or as soon as possible after that date but not later than February 12, 2024.
- Your monthly scholarship amount is calculated according to the scholarship amounts for postdoctoral scholarship holders on the pay scales for Contract Research Staff (Dutch: Bijzonder Academisch Personeel, BAP).
- You will receive ecocheques, Internet-connectivity allowance and a bicycle allowance or a full reimbursement of public transport costs for commuting.
- You will do most of your work at Campus Middelheim in a dynamic and stimulating working environment.
- Find out more about working at the University of Antwerp here.
Want to apply?
- You can apply for this vacancy through the University of Antwerp’s online job application platform up to and including September 18, 2023 (by midnight Brussels time). Click on the ‘Apply’ button, complete the online application form and be sure to include the following attachments:
- a motivation letter,
- your academic CV (including your publication list and a list of your teaching activities)
- The selection committee will review all of the applications as soon as possible after the application deadline. As soon as a decision has been made, we will inform you about the next steps in the selection procedure.
- If you have any questions about the online application form, please check the frequently asked questions or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the job itself, please contact Prof. Sonja Hohloch via email@example.com.
The University of Antwerp received the European Commission’s HR Excellence in Research Award for its HR policy. We are a sustainable, family-friendly organisation which invests in its employees’ growth. We encourage diversity and attach great importance to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities, regardless of gender identity, disability, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or age. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse characteristics to apply.
|Job Category||Internship and training, Postdoctoral|