The Management Department at Université Laval is currently seeking candidates for a tenure-track position in Strategy. Teaching and research interests should focus on strategy development and implementation processes (e.g., strategic decision making, managerial action, organizational resources and constraints).
- Teaching and supervising undergraduate and graduate students, inclass and online.
- Research and publication in fields related to the position.
- Participation in educational and administrative activities of the Department and the Faculty.
- Participation in academic activities, offcampus and abroad, that contribute to the visibility of the University, and the Faculty.
- Ph. D. in Business Administration in Strategy or another relevant field. Doctoral students with significant progress towards their degree (i.e. ABD) will be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct high quality scholarly work by research funding and/or relevant publications in peerreviewed journals.
- Demonstrated ability to teach at both undergraduate and graduate levels, inclass and/or online.
- Ability to teach in French within the first three years of employment.
- Ability to teach in English would be an asset.
- Ability and interest in working in multidisciplinary teams with an active presence on campus.
- Professional Experience and recognition in strategy would be an asset.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Full-time regular position
Salary in accordance with the current collective agreement at Université Laval (https://www.rh.ulaval.ca/personnel-enseignant-et-de-recherche/professeurs/conventions-collectives)
Application deadline: February 13th, 2022
Job starting date: June 1st, 2022
Persons interested in applying for the position are invited to submit, before February 13th, 2022 and to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org, an application file that includes :
- a letter of intent in French,
- a detailed resumé,
- a short description of the research program in French,
- two (2) recent and relevant publications.
- course evaluations for the last two years (if applicable),
- two (2) letters of reference.
The evaluation committee may ask candidates for supplementary information. Incomplete or improper files will be rejected.
Faculty of Business Administration
With world-class programs, over a hundred professors and experienced researchers, the Faculty of Business Administration of Université Laval (FSA ULaval) brings excellence, ethics and sustainable development together to move the business world forward. As part of a select group of business schools that hold the prestigious AACSB International (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) and EQUIS (European Foundation for Management Development) accreditations, FSA ULaval attracts and trains the business world elite.
Université Laval is a privileged living environment in the heart of Québec City. It is a large and comprehensive university recognized for its culture of excellence in teaching and research. Université Laval is ranked 7 upon Canadian universities in terms of research funding and it has an enrolment of around 48 000 students.
Pierre-Sébastien Fournier, Ph. D.
Department of Management
Faculty of Business Administration
2325, rue de la Terrasse
Québec (Québec) G1V 0A6
Valuing diversity, Université Laval encourages all qualified individuals to apply-particularly women, visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities – but priority will be given to Canadians and Canadian permanent residents.
Candidates, whose mother tongue is not French, will have access to French class and learning support upon employment.
|Job Category||Teaching and scientific research|