The School of Physics at Peking University invites applications for faculty members in Applied Physics, including full professors with tenure, associate professors with tenure and on tenure track, and assistant professors on tenure track.
Physics at Peking University (PKU Physics) boasts over 100 years of history, dating back to the “Wuli Men” (physics division) of Peking University launched in 1913. It opened the door to modern science in China, and was the founder of nuclear science, semiconductor physics, and microelectronics in China. Over the past 100 years, PKU Physics has made distinguished contributions to the nation and to the world in both education and academia.
At present, PKU Physics covers most areas of physics. Many distinguished talents have studied or worked here, including more than 150 academicians of the Chinese Academy of Sciences. PKU Physics recently opened a major in Applied Physics, guided by international scientific frontiers and national strategic needs. It not only encourages original discoveries, but also actively promotes applied research for national scientific and technological needs. At the same time, it advocates multidiscipline studies.
The Applied Physics major of Peking University roots in the State Key Laboratory of Nuclear Physics and Nuclear Technology and the Beijing Key Laboratory of Medical Physics and Engineering. It has a complete curriculum system, advanced laboratories, and a high-level research platform suitable for research and student training. Currently, there are 37 full-time faculties working in the major.. Many famous scholars from China and abroad have also been hired as part-time and visiting professors, including Nobel Prize winner Professor Gérard Mourou. For the members of the major, Peking University provides an excellent interdisciplinary research environment with outstanding core research facilities. The kindergarten and primary school attached to Peking University will be available to the children of all faculty members.
Undertake the teaching and research work required by the Major of Applied Physics.
1. Good academic ethics and professionalism.
2. A doctorate in applied physics research, including but not limited to accelerators and advanced light sources, energy, medical physics, biophysics, irradiation effects in material and device , electron beam applications, THz radiation applications, and other cutting-edge interdisciplinary research.
3. An equivalent position in a world-class university or a considerable academic level, along with the ability to independently develop and lead the academic direction and significant development potential.
4. Good health and capable of doing the job.
1. Personal application form (the position to be applied for and the expected time of arrival at the university should be specified);
2. Personal detailed resume including employment history, teaching statement, research statement, etc.;
3. Personal representative academic achievements (no more than 10; full text of the paper can be attached in PDF version; please list the research projects);
4. Personal academic work plan for the next 3–5 years;
5. Three or more letters of recommendation from independent experts, as well as from tutors or co-tutors;
6. Other materials such as certificate of award, notice of appointment, etc.
For application, please contact： email@example.com.
For more information, please visit the website for the School of Physics: https://www.phy.pku.edu.cn or further information regarding faculty positions in Applied Physics, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Job Category||Teaching and scientific research|