NOVA Information Management School (NOVA IMS) at Universidade Nova de Lisboa invites for an expression of interest for a position as a Professor (at Assistant Professor level) in Risk Analysis and Management.
The position is to be filled in NOVA IMS’ facilities in Lisbon, Portugal.
Salary and conditions are competitive and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
NOVA IMS seeks a candidate with a strong commitment to excellence in scholarly research and teaching. He/ she will be expected to teach in undergraduate as well as graduate programme classes related to one or more of the following areas of expertise:
· Risk Analysis
· Risk Management in Banking & Insurance
· Risk Management Models
· Financial Markets and Risks
· Market & Credit Risk Management
The successful applicants should have a strong academic background and an international profile in the aforementioned expertise areas with a record of research publications in top-ranked field journals. Moreover, relevant experience in obtaining funding and managing national and international research projects will be considered an advantage.
The successful candidate should be able to provide strong and committed leadership in education, including curriculum development, course coordination and educational innovation, the preparation and delivery of lectures, seminars and tutorials, consultation with students, and marking and assessment.
The main requirements for applicants are listed below:
- PhD or doctoral degree from a recognized university;
- Excellent scientific achievements, documented by internationally recognized publications;
- Excellent didactic skills;
- Demonstrate an excellent teaching ability at both the undergraduate and graduate levels;
- High capacity to develop pedagogical innovations and to manage a programme;
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentation);
- Proficient in English (oral and written);
- Ability to teach in English;
- Collaborative skills, initiative, result oriented, organization, and capacity to work in an interdisciplinary environment.
NOVA Information Management School (NOVA IMS, www.novaims.unl.pt) is one of the 9 academic units of Universidade NOVA de Lisboa, a university institution with internationally recognized research and quality teaching.
The School is dedicated to teaching and research activities in the area of information management and it has currently more than 1.800 students enrolled in 10 awarding degree programmes (2 bachelor programmes, 7 master programmes and 1 doctoral programme) plus a large number of post-graduation programmes.
NOVA IMS has been consolidating its position as a leading school in the area of Information Management. Recently six of NOVA IMS’ Master and Postgraduate Programmes were ranked in the world TOP 5 of the Best Masters Ranking 2018, by Eduniversal – international agency that publishes the annual ranking of the best MBA and Master’s degrees in the world.
NOVA IMS has managed to achieve significant levels of internationalization, not only regarding to education, with a major demand from foreign students (in 2018 NOVA IMS had 26% foreign students coming from more than 70 different nationalities) and with the participation of internationally renowned teachers in its teaching staff, but also in research and development activities that are largely supported by international partnerships, offering a unique research environment to address its main research challenges.
The School is fully accredited by the most important agencies in the field: ABET, EMOS (European Master in Official Statistics), USGIF (United States Geospatial Intelligence Foundation), iSchools, among others.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to send the application material listed below by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (mentioning the reference of the application):
- A cover letter including motivation to join NOVA IMS;
- A complete curriculum vitae with a list of publications and a list of classes taught;
- A copy of the three most significant recent publications, communications or working papers.
Application deadline: 13th April 2020.
|Job Category||Enseignement et recherche scientifique|