NOVA Information Management School (NOVA IMS) at Universidade Nova de Lisboa invites for an expression of interest for a position as a Professor (at Assistant/ Associate or Full Professor level) in Data Security and Privacy and cybersecurity.
The position is to be filled in NOVA IMS’ facilities in Lisbon, Portugal.
Salary and conditions are competitive and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
NOVA IMS seeks a candidate with a strong commitment to excellence in scholarly research and teaching. He/ she will be expected to teach in undergraduate as well as graduate programme classes related to Data Security and one or more of the following areas of expertise:
- Data Security and Privacy
- Ethics of big data
The successful applicants should have a strong academic background and an international profile in the aforementioned expertise areas with a record of research publications in top-ranked field journals (this requirement is obviously dependent on the level to which the candidate is applying). Moreover, relevant experience in obtaining funding and managing national and international research projects will be considered an advantage.
The successful candidate should be able to provide strong and committed leadership in education, including curriculum development, course coordination and educational innovation, the preparation and delivery of lectures, seminars and tutorials, consultation with students, and marking and assessment.
The main requirements for applicants are listed below:
- PhD or doctoral degree from a recognized university;
- Excellent scientific achievements, documented by internationally recognized publications;
- Demonstrate an excellent teaching ability at both the undergraduate and graduate levels;
- High capacity to develop pedagogical innovations and to manage a programme;
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentation);
- Proficient in English (oral and written);
- Ability to teach in English;
- Collaborative skills, initiative, result oriented, organization, and capacity to work in an interdisciplinary environment.
NOVA Information Management School (NOVA IMS, www.novaims.unl.pt) is the School of Information Management and Data Science of Universidade Nova de Lisboa. It is one of the 9 academic units of Universidade NOVA de Lisboa, a university institution with internationally recognized research and quality teaching.
It is dedicated to converting data into value, under the motto “Data with Purpose”, through a wide range of activities, namely teaching, and research and development activities that are largely supported by international partnerships, offering a unique research environment to address its main research challenges.
The quality of its training is recognized globally, through different national and international accreditations, and outstanding positions achieved in various fields, namely in the Eduniversal ranking (seven of its masters and postgraduate degrees are recognized among the best in the world in their respective areas).
NOVA IMS has more than 30 years of accumulated experience in data processing and analysis, which it now puts at the service of digital transformation and the “Big Data” environments in which we live in, namely through a wide range of laboratories (NOVA ANALYTICS LABS powered by NOVA IMS). Today, it has more than 3.000 students from 81 different countries, and high levels of internationalization in all the activities it carries out from Lisbon to the world.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to send the application material listed below by email to email@example.com (mentioning the reference of the application):
- A cover letter including motivation to join NOVA IMS;
- A complete curriculum vitae with a list of publications and a list of classes taught;
- A copy of the three most significant recent publications, communications or working papers.
Application deadline: January 20th, 2023
|Job Category||Enseignement et recherche scientifique|