Heat pumps will play an important role in the energy transition of the coming years for heating and cooling of our houses, offices and industry. The present generation of heat pumps is meant for low-temperature applications with a heat source from air or ground. Your research will focus on both the optimisation and integration of the present heat pump systems, but also on the development of new advanced heat pump technologies based on thermo-acoustics, magnetocaloric, adsorption, chemical and thermomechanical principles.
The Department has a well-equipped laboratory for experimental research and powerful computational facilities for numerical research.
You will also be involved in the teaching of courses on BSc- and MSc-level (e.g. Energy Conversion Technology, Thermodynamics, Energy systems) and the supervision of students for their assignments.
Are you ready to contribute to a sustainable future with new advanced energy technologies in the built environment and industry?
- a PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics, or a comparable field;
- strong analytical skills and excellent knowledge of thermodynamics and transport phenomena;
- proven experience in experimental and numerical research in the field of heat pumps;
- a clear motivation to work in the sustainable energy field;
- a passion for teaching and you hold a University Teaching Qualification (UTQ) for Dutch Universities, a similar qualification, or are willing to obtain this;
- excellent communication skills in English. Mastering the Dutch language is not a prerequisite but should be a goal from the beginning.
Please note that this vacancy is only open to female scientists. This is part of the University of Twente’s strategy to increase the proportion of women among its faculty and to create a working environment that is diverse and inclusive and supportive of excellence in research and teaching.
The University offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
We offer you:
- a fulltime appointment for two years, with the prospect of a permanent position after a positive evaluation;
- a gross salary between € 3.637 and € 5.656 per month, depending on experience and qualifications (salary is in accordance with scale 12 of the Collective Labour Agreement of the Dutch Universities);
- a full-time position as an Assistant Professor with a competitive salary and excellent benefits;
- a dynamic and international work environment, with colleagues from many different countries from all over the world;
- a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8,3%;
- a solid pension scheme;
- professional and personal development programs;
- a family-friendly institution, offering support for (the careers of) partners and family.
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
The Faculty of Engineering Technology (ET) is one of the five faculties of the University of Twente. ET combines Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Industrial Design Engineering. Our faculty has approximately 1800 bachelor and master students, 400 employees and 150 PhD candidates. The departments of the faculty cooperatively conduct the educational programmes and participate in interdisciplinary research projects, programmes and the research institutes: Mesa+ Institute, TechMed Centra and Digital Society Institute.
|Job Category||Enseignement et recherche scientifique|