Copenhagen Business School (CBS) invites applications for a tenure-track assistant professorship in finance at the Department of Finance.
The Department carries out research and teaching in a wide range of topics related to finance, including corporate finance, asset pricing, risk management and insurance, financial institutions and markets, international finance, behavioral finance, entrepreneurial finance, household finance, and corporate governance, as well as probability theory and statistics, and the application of these subjects within business economics.
The assistant professorship is a six-year tenure-track position with research and teaching requirements, and with the possibility for extension according to the normal rules and CBS regulations.
For the research requirement, the assistant professor is expected to be regularly present and actively participate in research activities at the Department and to publish research in leading academic journals.
The teaching requirement may include undergraduate and graduate teaching in a range of programs at CBS. To fulfill the pedagogical requirements of the position, it is required to participate in the assistant professor program at CBS about teaching principles and methods.
- Teaching and associated examination in existing CBS programs, including potentially executive education.
- Individual- and group-based research production of high international standards.
- Promoting CBS’s academic reputation.
- Initiating, raising funds for, and coordinating research projects.
- Promoting teaching and research capabilities of CBS and other relevant assignments at CBS.
- Contributing to administrative responsibilities of the department and to CBS-wide tasks.
- Communicating findings to the public in general and to CBS’s stakeholders in particular.
- Research, including promoting the academic development of the relevant discipline.
- Responsibility for publishing, scientific communication, and research-based teaching.
- Active participation in regular research activities, such as research seminars, workshops, and conferences.
Moreover, the assistant professor is expected to contribute to the general development and application of research in the department’s research areas and to maintain and strengthen CBS’s international research position.
The applicant must hold a PhD or equivalent degree in finance or a related area. Emphasis is placed on the applicant’s research potential, which means that an applicant with a larger research potential may be preferred to an applicant with a larger research production.
The applicant must have professional proficiency in English (written and spoken).
Copenhagen Business School has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness, and relevance of its teaching and research programs. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organization of this kind.
For further information please contact: Head of Department, Carsten Sørensen, tel.: +45 3815 3605, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information about the department can be found at http://www.cbs.dk/finance.
Appointment and salary will be determined in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organization.
Application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below.
Applications must include:
- A statement of application.
- Proof of qualifications and a full CV.
- Documentation of relevant, significant, original research at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals and citations in the Social Science Citation Index and/or Google Scholar.
- Documentation of teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level.
- Information indicating experience in research management, industry co-operation and international co-operation.
- A complete, numbered list of publications (indicating titles, co-authors, page numbers and year) with an * marking of the academic productions to be considered during the review. A maximum of 10 publications for review are allowed. Applicants are requested to prioritize publications in relation to the field of this job advertisement.
- Copies of the publications marked with an *. Only publications written in English (or another specified principal language, according to research tradition) or one of the Scandinavian languages will be taken into consideration).
The Recruitment Committee will shortlist a minimum of two applicants; when possible five or more applicants will be shortlisted. Shortlisted applicants are assessed by the Assessment Committee. All applicants will be notified of their status in the recruitment process shortly after the application deadline.
Applicants selected for assessment will be notified about the composition of the Assessment Committee and, later in the process, about the result of the assessment.
Once the recruitment process is completed each applicant will be notified of the outcome of their application.
Closing date: 5 March 2020
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.
Details about Copenhagen Business School and the department are available at www.cbs.dk
|Job Category||Enseignement et recherche scientifique|