At Boehringer Ingelheim we develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company, we focus on long-term performance. We believe that, if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve; after all, we started with just 28 people. Now, we are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture.
We are offering an exciting opportunity to join Translational Medicine & Biomarker Platforms within the global department Translational Medicine & Clinical Pharmacology (TMCP). TMCP is accountable for bringing clinical development compounds across all therapeutic areas to the milestone of Proof-of-Clinical-Principle (PoCP) by applying state-of-the-art biomarker and translational approaches.
With your strong knowledge and practical experience in clinical biomarker research, you provide a valuable contribution to the company. Are you looking for a new professional challenge? If so, seize the opportunity and apply as (Senior) Clinical Imaging Lead at our site in Biberach, Germany.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- In this role, your tasks and responsibilities include:
- Successful implementation of imaging-based biomarker strategies in clinical trials and translational studies in close collaboration with Clinical Operations as well as with academic labs and CROs
- Together with the Early Clinical Development team, ensure that the imaging data package will enable Proof-of-Clinical-Principle and support the Target Product Profile
- Establish a network of leading academic partners to ensure a continuous exchange about imaging methodology and biomarkers across projects
- As a Senior Clinical Imaging Lead, you design and lead experimental medicine studies in collaboration with internal or external partners
- PhD (in Medical Physics, Medical Engineering, Biology, Biochemistry or equivalent) with a strong track record of independent clinical/research activities.
- Multiple years of postdoctoral experience or equivalent working experience
- Experience within the area of liver (NASH) and/or cardiac imaging (MRI, PET, CT, ultrasound)
- Able to project opinions and knowledge with confidence, authority, respect and diplomacy when interacting with all levels of BI colleagues and external partners
- Collaborative, innovative, self-directed, with outstanding team-working and communication skills
- The international nature of the task requires excellent English – both spoken and written
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. As a result of COVID-19, we have introduced alternative working arrangements to ensure that our employees can stay safe and healthy, because the health of our employees is among our top priorities. At all company locations, we work remotely whenever possible. Additionally, we are now hosting virtual video interviews for applicants. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the hygiene rules recommended by the Robert Koch Institute. New employees who do not start on site in production or the laboratories are sent the necessary IT equipment, our Welcome Days take place online, and we plan to conduct their onboarding training virtually whenever possible.
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
This is where you can grow, collaborate, innovate and improve lives.
We offer challenging work in a respectful and friendly global working environment surrounded by a world of innovation driven mindsets and practices. In addition, learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth. We also offer a competitive salary, generous amount of vacation time, and numerous benefits towards your wellness & financial health and work-life balance. Plus, an onsite gym (Ingelheim), in-house doctor and best-in-class cafeterias and coffee bars to keep you energized and healthy. To learn more about what benefits could be waiting for you, please visit our Career area.
Want to learn more about us? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.com/
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
READY TO CONTACT US?
Please contact our Recruiting EMEA Team, Tel: +49 (0) 6132 77-173173
Not exactly the position you are looking for but have someone else in mind? Share it via the button on the bottom of the page with friends or colleagues who might be interested.
Tätigkeit – Medizin
Primärer Standort – Europa-DE-Baden-Württemberg-Biberach
Organisation – DE-Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH&Co.KG (Germany)
Beschäftigungsart – Vollzeit
|Job Category||Health and Care|