ViraTherapeutics is a subsidiary of the Boehringer Ingelheim group of companies: a perfect symbiosis of big pharma and a biotech start-up vibe. Located in the beautiful city of Innsbruck, Austria – a great place to live and to work – our dedicated Research & Development team develops innovative viral-based immune-oncology treatment options.
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and creative
Principal Scientist Bioprocess Development (m/f/d), full-time
- Develop and implement innovative up- and downstream process technologies for efficient manufacturing of oncolytic viruses
- Actively transfer process technologies from bench to pilot scale within the development organization and support transfer to external contract manufacturing organizations (CMO)
- Cultivation of mammalian cells in bioreactors, propagation, concentration and polishing of virus-based biologics, development of active live virus formulations.
- Active participation in the design, development, characterization and validation of analytical methods
- Develop and maintain corresponding SOPs and batch-specifications. Write project and study plans and sound scientific reports; data presentation and discussion in the project review team
- Work in close collaboration with other project teams and external partners; scientific presentation of work in project meetings and scientific conferences
- Train and supervise technical staff
- PhD in Biotechnology, Bioengineering, or equivalent, at least 3 years of PostDoc or industry experience
- Profound expertise in manufacturing of virus-based biologics, particularly in downstream processing; special knowledge in preparative chromatography and tangential-flow filtration is an asset.
- Used to work proactively with hands-on approach in a highly entrepreneurial environment; scientific project management experience is an advantage.
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills willing to work in a company where personal engagement and empowering combined with accountability is highly supported.
- Evidence of scientific rigor and excellence as documented by first author peer-reviewed publications.
- The position requires excellent English communication skills, both spoken and written. German language skills would be highly appreciated (otherwise willingness to learn German).
- Proficient in MS-Office
- This function provides the unique opportunity to participate actively in the early development of novel virus-based cancer therapies at the interface of science and translation. We offer a responsible and versatile occupation with professional perspective in an expanding team.
- Work within the concentrated, science driven atmosphere of a small biotech company whilst at the same time benefit from being part of the global group of Boehringer Ingelheim, one of the pharmaceutical industry’s top 20 companies worldwide.
- We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies.
Please send us your relevant application documents, including CV and certificates by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
ViraTherapeutics GmbH, Bundesstraße 27, 6063 Rum,
|Job Category||Enseignement et recherche scientifique|