Our current Adoption Aid grant application period is open through September 30, 2023.
Thank you for your interest in Show Hope’s Adoption Aid grants. We would be honored to be a part of your journey. Today, a Show Hope Adoption Aid grant ranges between $6,000 and $10,000. For further inquiries, we encourage you to check out our FAQs page.
DEADLINES AND GUIDELINES
There are four application deadlines throughout the year:
March 31 (for the June Decision Period)
June 30 (for the September Decision Period)
September 30 (for the December Decision Period)
December 31 (for the March Decision Period)
Your application is complete after you successfully submit your application and, all references and documents are submitted. Your application date is the day your complete application is submitted to Show Hope. If a portion of your application or references is not complete, you will be moved to the next deadline.
You will receive notification of the outcome of your application by mail, followed by email.
Processing the application takes a minimum of 90 days after the application deadline.
Step One: Before You Apply
- Your home study or home study update must be completed in order to apply.
- You must be in process using an agency that is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization licensed to place children for adoption. Please note: Your placement agency may differ from your home study provider.
- If you are working through an adoption consultant, you cannot apply for a grant until you have finalized your placement agency. In addition, consulting fees will not be considered as part of the total adoption costs.
- Before beginning the application process, please review Show Hope’s Statement of Faith.
- Applications cannot be submitted for:
- Independent adoptions through lawyers, facilitators, or humanitarian organizations licensed to place children
- Adoptions through foster care
- Private family adoptions
- Embryo adoptions
- Adoptions from non-Hague Convention countries (Click here for more information)
- Adoptions through for-profit adoption agencies
- Adoptions for which placement has occurred
- Adoptions for which an application has already been submitted
- Collect the following pieces of information (please black out social security numbers):
- Church address, phone number, pastor’s email address, and website
- IRS tax information (W2 and 1040 or 1099 forms) for the past two years
- Net worth of property, investments, goods, and liquid assets
- Annual budget information for both income and expenses
- Address, phone, name, and email of your adoption agency and caseworker
- Your home study
- Family or referral photos (optional)
Step Two: The Application Process
- The complete application process is online. You will be able to save your application and return to it as needed. You will also be able to view the status of your application at any time after submission. You will be required to upload documents, including your home study and tax documents.
- References from your pastor and your adoption agency must be requested using the online reference tool. We recommend notifying your pastor and caseworker that they will receive an email request to fill out a reference form. You can view the status of the references in your grant application portal. It will be your responsibility to ensure the references are completed.
- After the application is submitted and references are received, an initial review will be conducted to ensure the application is complete. If additional information is required, you will be notified by email. You will receive an email with further details and dates when your application is accepted.
- All applicants will receive a letter from Show Hope regarding the outcome of their application, followed by an email. If you are awarded a grant, you and your agency will receive a copy of your award letter and instructions for disbursement of funds. All funds must be disbursed directly to the agency.
- For intercountry adoptions, the agency may request disbursement of funds when travel to complete the adoption is booked. For domestic adoptions, funds may be requested at time of placement. Funds are mailed approximately 20 business days from receipt of the disbursement request.